PDA

View Full Version : ShowBy - AllowOnSide & Offset

darrenb
19 Oct 2010, 1:01 AM
Hi,
I've noticed that in the latest build of 0.9.7 (i've missed a few releases) that the showby method now allows you to place an element (child) to the left or right of another (parent) element.

This is great, but the child is vertically aligned, so that it's mid-point is positioned next to the parent. Is it possible to specify that the elements can have their specific edges (top, centre, bottom, left, right) aligned? This could also be useful for above/below scenario too.

Also, previously the ShowBy method was able to take an offset, so I could place the child next to parent exactly as I wanted it. But this seems to have been removed. Is there another way to achieve this?

Thanks,
Darren

MaciejZabielski
16 Sep 2011, 2:29 AM
It's been a while since you posted this - have you got any working approach to showBy offset?
My problem is that I need to display fairly large (wide) floating panel under a button. It works well, but the panel will "stick out" the window on the left side - so offset would be just what I need to move it right. (So it is not symmetrically under the button).

Now if I use setPossition afterwards, the little arrow that was indicating the button is misplaced and I have no idea how to fix that...

I have used KitchenSink codebox as an reference, but to be honest at the moment I don't know why their panel does not go outside the window and is placed correctly. It works in Chrome on the other hand (the floating panel will be contained withing parent panel)