PDA

View Full Version : Data save

kevinv1990
20 Oct 2010, 7:19 AM
I have a formpanel (with some user settings), those settings need to be saved so that users don't have to fill in these details (emails, name, age etc) every time when they use the webapp.

Any suggestions what the best way is to do it? Was thinking about a datastore. The data need to be showed in another form later on in the webapp. So the data-store need to be accessible throughout the webapp.

Any suggestions are appreciated, an example would really help.

Kevin

PS: Atm i am thinking about simple form with button, when button pressed, the datastore will be filled with the data from the form.

blessan
20 Oct 2010, 5:08 PM
USe the form example from sencha. It already uses load model. Make a store based on the same model. And when a button is pressed.
datastore.loadData(form.getValues());
Should work.

kevinv1990
20 Oct 2010, 11:52 PM
Okay thx a lot! I gonna test it today, i keep you informed.

kevinv1990
21 Oct 2010, 12:27 AM
Ah i see the example, i think I fully understand it, but my question: can i save the data with it that it will also be loaded when i startup the webapp a second/thirth time?

blessan
21 Oct 2010, 12:30 AM
for that ur gonna either need ajax or use local storage of html 5

kevinv1990
21 Oct 2010, 12:40 AM
=) i see, which you would suggest? I really want to use it in sencha, I know I could use html5 within sencha, just an panel with html: " here the code" , but maybe ajax is better?

kevinv1990
21 Oct 2010, 1:20 AM
I think I will just make an login function, because sooner or later i think I should need it for something else too.

But thanks for reply!