PDA

View Full Version : optimizing performance carousel

kortovos
22 Oct 2010, 4:59 AM
Are there any tricks or methods to increase the performance of a carousel?

I have a carousel with 18 cards, each containing an image, a list and a group of buttons.

At first the performance of the carousel, when testing on an Ipad, is very low. It takes 5 to 10 seconds to load, and switching between cards can take several seconds. Normally I would complain about such performances, but the app I am building must be very interactive and highly responsive.

So any advice about how to increase the performance of a carousel, or a Touch app in general, is welcome.

running bear
4 Nov 2010, 8:03 PM
What I do is add cards dynamically as I may have a different value for card N=1 depending on what was chosen at card N. It sounds as if you have a fixed set of cards but you could still add them one at a time async. Add cards 1 & 2 to start with, then add card 3 when you go to card 2 and so on.

kortovos
4 Nov 2010, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the advice running bear.

My situation is a little more complicated, but I have something simular.
My carousel is looped (from last card to first card with one swipe and vice versa), the first page is a sumarry of what was entered on the other cards. But the other cards are all simular, so what I do is add a empty card and switch from a card to the empty card and back to the original card which in the mean time has been altered.

The performance is still lower than I would like, but it has improved.