PDA

View Full Version : Can you add a photo from iPhone to a Sencha Touch application

kpopov
27 Oct 2010, 5:33 AM
I am testing Sencha Touch and I am wondering if there is a way to upload a photo from the iPhone photo library. The user case would be that someone is entering some data in a touch form, and if they wanted to add a photo to the data, they just snap a picture and it uploads with the rest of the data. Is that possible?

Thanks.

jlancelot
22 Feb 2011, 7:30 AM
Hello,

I'm very interested too in this subject, if someone has something to say, you're welcome!

Regards

kevinv1990
22 Feb 2011, 7:51 AM
You should use phonegap for this, i had it working, look my posts, i got a working example somewhere.

jlancelot
22 Feb 2011, 8:30 AM
Ok, thank you Kevin for your answer.

Phone Gap is a great tool, but you have to deploy a standalone application on each devices (Android, IOS, Blackberry,...), or am I wrong?

I'd like to use only web apps...

gmenuet
23 Feb 2011, 12:27 AM
I don't think you can access to the album of the iPhone just by using Sencha Touch. You need to use PhoneGap or Titanium or tools like that... And yes, i think you have to deploy a standalone appli for each device...

But if i'm wrong, it would be great to know how to do that :p

jlancelot
23 Feb 2011, 7:58 AM
It's terrible that apple has blocked uploading file from a form on mobile, but it's the Apple way... :s

I have to go on a standalone app, I will try phonegap, which seem interesting.

Thanks for all messages! :)

bhushangahire
25 Feb 2011, 3:18 AM
Hi,

Its not possible to use camera or photo library from the browser as they are native calls.
You can use the PhoneGap / Rhodes for doing the same.

I used Rhodes for doing the same.
You can use camera + photo library to upload to backed from phone.

If you are Ruby guy then you will get to learn Rhodes very easily. And Sencha Touch also works good with Rhodes applications.

Regards,
Bhushan