PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Mac 0SX 10.6 Importing image problems

richimgd
27 Oct 2010, 6:46 AM
Hi there
I have literally just started using this software so first impressions it looks very good. I have an issue though, I dont know if this is because of my lack of experience or if it's a bug in the program: I have tired importing an image but I have run into difficulties.

I click on the 'image' button at the top of the UI, this adds 'shape.png' to the screen. I click on shape.png to select it, on the right hand panel under 'object properties' I click 'select image' and browse to find my image persumably want to replace shape.png with. Nothing happens. I have tried the following formats: jpg, gif and png. I have tried saving these image initially inside or outside where the Sencha Animator project is saved. Interestingly, when I had saved the image inside my projects 'assets' project and selected it from within the program, this casued the image to dissapear from my system. :-?

If someone could point me into the right direction that would be great.

jarrednicholls
27 Oct 2010, 8:34 AM
Hi richimgd,

Indeed the image selection issue is a bug, and has actually been resolved for the next release.

And you pointed out another very interesting bug! Images chosen on disk are copied to the assets folder, and automatically replace any file in the assets folder with the same name. In this case, the image is trying to "replace itself", and ultimately wipes it out. Yikes! Thanks for reporting this.

Jarred

richimgd
28 Oct 2010, 5:10 AM
Hi Jarred cheers for the reply.

I am still having issues since when I select an image, it doesnt appear on the stage. In other words, shape.png remains on the stage and isn't replaced / updated with my selection.

I have tried what I did from my previous post, re: image formats and location within the project folder structure.

Rich

efx
28 Oct 2010, 5:28 AM
yes me too.
It would like nice to allow to import a PNG sequence or a animated GIF sprite

sinemac
28 Oct 2010, 5:59 PM
As a temporary workaround, I've added 'Square' objects and then changed the backgrounds to my images. Seems to be working okay - although I'm not yet sure what other implications this approach may have - for the moment it's working for just testing it out.

jarrednicholls
29 Oct 2010, 6:29 AM
Hey all,

The issue has been resolved, but in our next release. It should come out today actually :-) Stay tuned.

Jarred

jarrednicholls
29 Oct 2010, 2:58 PM
New release is out that fixes this issue: http://www.sencha.com/products/animator/download.php.