PDA

View Full Version : How often does the Designer need to register with the Sencha server?

rhamflett
2 Nov 2010, 6:38 AM
I want to install Ext Designer on a machine with no Internet access. If the Designer just needs to do a one-off registration up-front then I'll just quickly mess about with network cables to get it registered and then go offline again. This will be much easier than trying to convince our IT team that I need a hole in the network to allow our private LAN to get access the outside world. Of course, this might be the only option if the Designer is going to make checks frequently.

Thanks,
Rob

jarrednicholls
2 Nov 2010, 9:21 AM
Hi Rob,

Only one-time registration/login is required (plus an automatic update that will occur immediately after logging in). If you are able to get it online long enough to register, that will be quickest and easiest. Otherwise, I can assist in getting the software running offline.

rhamflett
3 Nov 2010, 12:09 AM
If you are able to get it online long enough to register, that will be quickest and easiest.

Thanks, I'll do that then.
Rob

leizz
8 Nov 2010, 11:16 AM
Hi,

I just downloaded the designer today and installed. The first time I launch the designer the Login/registration screen was shown.

My problem is that our network only allows the IE script-style configuration like below, and our IT support would not help on any other ways:

http://proxy.mmgc.net:8080/array.dll?Get.Routing.Script

Can I register offline or by logging into the website and register manually?

I have several colleges that would also like to evaluate this tool but all got same problem.

thanks

I was not able to register and use

jarrednicholls
8 Nov 2010, 11:25 AM
Hi leizz,

On Windows, if the auto config url for your proxy is specified in IE or proxycfg.msc, then the Designer will pick it up. However, if your proxy server is based on NTLMv2 authentication, it won't work. Our next generation Designer supports NTLMv2.

If you email designer.feedback [at] sencha.com this same request, I can correspond with you and your colleagues and get you all activated offline.