PDA

View Full Version : Icons and splash screen problem or misunderstanding

NitrOuS
24 Nov 2010, 3:07 AM
I have a problem with Icons in my app. What I'm trying to do is have an icon for my home screen in iPhone. For that reason I'm using the following code:

Ext.setup({
icon: '../Images/icon-decoded.png',
tabletIcon: '../Images/ipad.png',
phoneIcon: '../Images/icon-decoded.png',
tabletStartupScreen: '../Images/splash.jpg',
phoneStartupScreen: '../Images/splash.jpg',
glossOnIcon: true

//etc

});

But these icons don't seem to appear in my home screen. Moreover the splash screen doesn't appears at all. Am I doing something wrong or I have misunderstood these properties?

kortovos
25 Nov 2010, 12:14 AM
Maybe your splash screen is to heavy to be downloaded and shown quickly. As for the icons, no idea. Check the urls and check the size of the icons.

Stuart-SwarmOnline
25 Nov 2010, 1:18 AM
Double check that the paths are correct - that's caught me out before.

NitrOuS
25 Nov 2010, 2:54 AM
The paths for the splash screen are surely OK so I suppose that there is something wrong with the picture regarding:
1. the dimensions of image
2. the file size of image
3. the image type

I'll check these things and I'll give you the feedback

Jsalichos
9 Dec 2010, 12:01 PM
tabletStartupScreen problem here too!

chesterc
9 Dec 2010, 2:03 PM
I'm building my first webapp and am using the Guide example images during development. The web clip icon image works ok. But the tabletStartupScreen image does not load.

EDIT: I read over Apple's documentation and it appears that for the iPad you should provide two startup screen images ... one for portrait and one for landscape. If I hold the iPad in portrait and launch the webapp then I do indeed see the default image.

Sencha only provides methods to attach portrait startup screens for tablet devices. See http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/docs/source/Ext1.html#method-Ext-setup

dbottillo
10 Dec 2010, 8:02 AM
and so if i have to put startup image for landscape mode?

if sencha doesn't do, how can i do on my own?