PDA

View Full Version : Icons and splash screen problem or misunderstanding

NitrOuS
24 Nov 2010, 3:07 AM
I have a problem with Icons in my app. What I'm trying to do is have an icon for my home screen in iPhone. For that reason I'm using the following code:

Ext.setup({
icon: '../Images/icon-decoded.png',
tabletIcon: '../Images/ipad.png',
phoneIcon: '../Images/icon-decoded.png',
tabletStartupScreen: '../Images/splash.jpg',
phoneStartupScreen: '../Images/splash.jpg',
glossOnIcon: true

//etc

});

But these icons don't seem to appear in my home screen. Moreover the splash screen doesn't appears at all. Am I doing something wrong or I have misunderstood these properties?

kortovos
25 Nov 2010, 12:14 AM
Maybe your splash screen is to heavy to be downloaded and shown quickly. As for the icons, no idea. Check the urls and check the size of the icons.

Stoot98
25 Nov 2010, 1:18 AM
Double check that the paths are correct - that's caught me out before.

NitrOuS
25 Nov 2010, 2:54 AM
The paths for the splash screen are surely OK so I suppose that there is something wrong with the picture regarding:
1. the dimensions of image
2. the file size of image
3. the image type

I'll check these things and I'll give you the feedback

Jsalichos
9 Dec 2010, 12:01 PM
tabletStartupScreen problem here too!

chesterc
9 Dec 2010, 2:03 PM
I'm building my first webapp and am using the Guide example images during development. The web clip icon image works ok. But the tabletStartupScreen image does not load.

EDIT: I read over Apple's documentation and it appears that for the iPad you should provide two startup screen images ... one for portrait and one for landscape. If I hold the iPad in portrait and launch the webapp then I do indeed see the default image.

Sencha only provides methods to attach portrait startup screens for tablet devices. See http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/docs/source/Ext1.html#method-Ext-setup

dbottillo
10 Dec 2010, 8:02 AM
and so if i have to put startup image for landscape mode?

if sencha doesn't do, how can i do on my own?