PDA

View Full Version : Databases Requests and Storing Data?

schwaigerf
26 Nov 2010, 12:48 AM
Hello my friends,

i have a few questions to data and handling.

1) I want to read from XML file, which is located on a webserver. Is it possible to access this data and store the data local in an object - and then - take this data and do it into the frontend - panels.
2) Is it possible, to write into a Database with Javascript or even PHP? I want to send Forms, and write some Data into mysql database

thanks

ztolley
26 Nov 2010, 2:22 AM
I have the same question...

I want to have an app that grabs data from a server (xml or json) and then stores it locally in a sqlite db. Ideally I'd then want to somehow describe that I want to 'list' the categories for list of things and then when you click one, see the things in that category and then drill down to a detail view. Also, I want it in sql lite cos I want to be able to have a custom list which will contain the results of a simple query.

So far all I keep reading is that you can get the results of a query and store it in a store.. but if I have alot of data (I have 500 records) surely this is bad for memory

schwaigerf
26 Nov 2010, 2:26 AM
Actually, I want to write data in a database(mysql) - this could be realised by javascript with json.php by the way?

sparkcom
29 Aug 2011, 11:39 AM
you have to use the ajax proxy via which you can send/receive data via a UR (a php script hosted on a server)