PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry testing

Bucs
4 Dec 2010, 7:58 AM
How is everyone testing for BlackBerry devices? Try as I might, I am having a helluva time getting the their device simulators to install and operate properly on my Windows 7 VM. As far as I know, you cannot run their simulators on a Mac, so windows is the only option. I need a simulator on the local machine as I am getting ready to start building downlevel pages for non-webkit devices, and would love the ability to simulate the BB browser and step into my code (which I wouldn't be able to do with the server based testers).

Of course iPhone and Android simulators work great. Also, great to see Sencha's intentions for BB 6 support! But still need to worry about older browsers since they are entrenched in hands of the corporate peeps who pay for these apps to be developed :)

Steffen Hiller
4 Dec 2010, 6:44 PM
Bummer, I just searched for blackberry emulaters and was happy that blackberry's site had a lot of such stuff to offer. Didn't download yet so (I'm on iPad). But didn't realize that's windows only. :/
Hope someone else has some tips. Also looking for testing on new and old blackberry models ...

Steffen Hiller
4 Dec 2010, 6:50 PM
This looks promising: http://www.azizuysal.com/2009/07/blackberry-development-on-mac-os-x.html
There are other sites coming up when you search for emulater blackberry mac os.

Bucs
4 Dec 2010, 8:17 PM
Man, that looks kinda narly, but I'll do it if it works :)

Steffen Hiller
4 Dec 2010, 8:38 PM
yeah :/ let me know how it goes