PDA

View Full Version : iFrame type functionality within Touch?

Bucs
6 Dec 2010, 11:29 AM
I have a requirement to serve HTML from another domain in the middle of a Sencha UI. Specifically, the Sencha "shell" is responsible for site branding, menus, product categorization, and presenting product lists within each category. However, the client wants to serve the actual product detail page, which could have its own processing such as JS functions or link redirection to other pages. This would need to occur within the same panel that the detail page was loaded, yet leave the outer Sencha shell intact. The best analogy that I can give is the way the managed IFrame panel works in ExtJS...is there anything like this in the Touch framework yet? If not, is this even a possibility?

Thanks...

Fredric Berling
6 Dec 2010, 11:59 AM
I would try to avoid this. Sounds slow, but i cant see why this wouldnt work. Do you really need to manage the iframe or just show it?

Bucs
6 Dec 2010, 12:27 PM
Trust me, I would avoid it if I could. But I need to explore options to allow the client to serve their own pages within a Sencha Touch application. This was obviously a needed feature in the web world as evidenced by the creation of the MIF extension, so it's only logical to assume that there is or soon will be the same need in the mobile world. I am doing much more than serving simply HTML now, but doing so by bringing back the content and updating content panel...and the speed is wonderful so not worried about that.

Fredric Berling
6 Dec 2010, 12:34 PM
I see. To answer your original question, I havent seen any MIF type touch ux´s .. Sorry.