PDA

View Full Version : Column width in a grid or filtering in a list view

amit.vankadia
6 Dec 2010, 1:27 PM
Hi

I have about 900 strings i wants to load in a listview. listview doesn't give any filtering or sorting ablity like grid has.

so

1) is there any way i can add plugins to listview

or

2) I have one column in a grid. how can i force a column to take full width as table size rather then setting up manually

sven
6 Dec 2010, 1:29 PM
I have about 900 strings i wants to load in a listview. listview doesn't give any filtering or sorting ablity like grid has.
Filtering and sorting is not linked to Grid. Grid just has an UI for it. ListStore is doing sorting and filtering.

2) I have one column in a grid. how can i force a column to take full width as table size rather then setting up manually

You can use forceFit an the GridView.

amit.vankadia
6 Dec 2010, 2:03 PM
do i have to create an ui for listview. does it have some standard implementation as it should be more like a common problem.

sven
6 Dec 2010, 2:04 PM
You have you create it, there is nothing directly implemented. For filtering you can for example use a StoreFilterField, for sorting a tooglebutton representing asc/desc

amit.vankadia
6 Dec 2010, 2:05 PM
Also do u think usign listview has a benefit over using only a single column grid. I am using BufferedView which makes things faster.
also adding a paging support will be easier specially there is tons of example in show case for it.

sven
6 Dec 2010, 2:08 PM
also adding a paging support will be easier Paging is also not bound to a Grid, but also to the Store/Loader.

Also do u think usign listview has a benefit over using only a single column grid. I am using BufferedView which makes things faster.
Depends on the template you are using on the listview. If you use the default one it will still be faster than grid.

amit.vankadia
6 Dec 2010, 2:10 PM
Thanks for your reply but i will have to create all the ui for paging sorting and filtering. I will stick with grid.

amit.vankadia
6 Dec 2010, 2:18 PM
does list will get standard paging or i will have to create that as well?

sven
6 Dec 2010, 2:20 PM
As i already said. A ListView is not bound to paging at all. Its the Loader/Store that is handling this. What exactly are you asking?

amit.vankadia
6 Dec 2010, 3:11 PM
k how can i keep scrolling and it will load new data from remote. if i follow remote filter example will it work?

sven
6 Dec 2010, 3:30 PM
Also nothing like this is implemented. You need to implement it on your own. You will need to listen for the Events.OnScroll event on the listview and based on the scroll position load new data.

amit.vankadia
6 Dec 2010, 7:12 PM
Thanks I implement this your help was great. 2 more question

1) How can i set Column Header to be center of the column. I tried <center>Name</center> which does the trick but it kept sorting icon in the beginning.

2) Also we are buying a license for our company and i will be only developer using this as of now. how can i update my account so i can post in the premium forum as well.

sven
7 Dec 2010, 1:13 AM
1) How can i set Column Header to be center of the column. I tried <center>Name</center> which does the trick but it kept sorting icon in the beginning.
ColumnConfig has an alignment setter.

2) Also we are buying a license for our company and i will be only developer using this as of now. how can i update my account so i can post in the premium forum as well.
You can do that in the ticket system once you have the support subscription.

amit.vankadia
7 Dec 2010, 8:19 AM
columnConfigs alignment will align columnvalues as well. I only want to align column header.