PDA

View Full Version : Accordian control?

Bucs
7 Dec 2010, 8:46 AM
List and nested list controls are great, but has anybody implemented or thought about an Accordian type control yet? It really makes a lot of navigation sense to have that control. The marketing teams that I work with are selling clients on the concept of menus opening up in between list items. Of course, they didn't consult with tech before showing clients...and now when we try to tell them there is no control to do this, the clients are acting like it's a deal-breaker (which is dumb).

In any event, I need to implement this functionality...any ideas? Can I do a DOM insertion between list items with a slide down transition? Thx...

mrsunshine
7 Dec 2010, 12:19 PM
an idea would be to use the itemTpl and add for example a hidden div which contains the content you want to show on itemTap event. on itemTap you can than animate the showing of the hidden div

Bucs
7 Dec 2010, 12:24 PM
Yeah, that is what I was going to do but wondering if I should use DataView or the List control...DataView seems like it may be more flexible ...tho the List has most everything needed already. Also, don't want the item to open "inside" the list element which it did on my first attempt, but might be able to get around that with proper CSS. Hmmm. Also, not very familiar with the animation when applied to DOM items. Probably need a pointer or two there.

Thanks for the response.

mrsunshine
7 Dec 2010, 12:36 PM
for the dom manipulation take closer look on Ext.Element (http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/docs/?class=Ext.Element) it has some documentation about dom manipulation and animation.

var el = Ext.get(myDivElement);
el.setVisible( Boolean visible, [Boolean/Object animate] );