PDA

View Full Version : Update with Eval Scripts

RiverC
8 Dec 2010, 10:18 AM
I suppose this has been asked before, but here goes. I like the slimness of Ext Core, but I've noticed that the element.update function seems to just be a wrapper for .innerHTML. I am using hardly any of Ext's features for this project, so having ~700k of javascript library loading is overkill.

We have no concern for script injection, what we need is just the ability to evaluate scripts contained within an ajax response. It is of course an option to have Zend Framework send json and have it be evaluated by the calling script but it is far simpler to generate html (we will need to meet 508 compliance anyhow) and have the js in the html update certain aspects of the calling page.

Again just to emphasize, script injection is not an issue. I understand the reasons for Ext not enabling it by default in 'All', but to not have the feature at all in 'Core' confuses me, since it is a feature I have commonly used even in simple projects.

If I cannot do this, is it possible to compile a version of Core that has script evaluation support?

Thanks.

Condor
9 Dec 2010, 12:23 AM
Alternatively, you could build an Ext JS version that only contains what you actually need (using JSBuilder2).