PDA

View Full Version : Using pictos with default theme

irocker
20 Dec 2010, 11:37 AM
I'm a bit confused about how to use the images in the /pictos folder. It seems that some of them show up and some don't. Shouldn't I be able to just say iconCls: <filename> and have it show up?

I can do this if it's one of the icons in the example toolbar e.g. "team", but if I try it with "calendar" for instance, it's blank. :-/ I'm just using the default theme...

irocker
20 Dec 2010, 11:39 AM
Also, can't I have titles under my icons in a toolbar, not just a tab bar?

VinylFox
20 Dec 2010, 11:45 AM
I'm a bit confused about how to use the images in the /pictos folder. It seems that some of them show up and some don't. Shouldn't I be able to just say iconCls: <filename> and have it show up?...

The default CSS has only a handful of icons/pictos, to use ones that are not included you need to generate your own CSS and include more of the pictos.

David just recently posted on the sencha blog about this: An Introduction to Theming Sencha Touch (http://www.sencha.com/blog/2010/12/17/an-introduction-to-theming-sencha-touch/)

I also have a post on my blog about the process: Custom Styling a Sencha Touch App (http://www.vinylfox.com/custom-styling-a-sencha-touch-app/)

irocker
20 Dec 2010, 12:09 PM
Thanks much for the response. It looks like in order to use SASS I have to install Ruby, correct? I just did that, but I have never used Ruby. If there's a quick way to explain what I need to do after I add/edit the appropriate files, I'd appreciate it.

VinylFox
20 Dec 2010, 12:11 PM
Between those two blog posts you should have all the info you need.

irocker
20 Dec 2010, 1:08 PM
Thanks much Shea, that worked. :)

Now, any ideas why icon titles won't show up in toolbars?

irocker
20 Dec 2010, 2:51 PM
Hmm, now ever since I recompiled the css files, I have a select box on a toolbar with rounded corners, and the background behind the corners shows up in white.

Anyone know what this is? I thought it first that it was because I'd changed my base gradient to glossy, but I changed it back to matte and that still didn't solve it.