PDA

View Full Version : Help with form

Tory
21 Dec 2010, 11:49 AM
Hello,

I should point out that I don't have much experience with programming. I am a web designer, and trying to build my first iPad app. I hope to use Sencha and then use PhoneGap to be able to upload to iTunes and make it a native app. The reason it has to be a native app is because a lot of people who will be using it, won't have access to the internet... so all the info must be stored on the iPad itself.

The issue I am having is finding a tutorial, sample files or help making a form. The form I am trying to build will be fairly basic -- name, email, phone number and other text field people will be able to use to fill out info. I need to form to be able to be filled out and then the info gets stored somewhere... Since the user might not have an internet connection, I can't assume that the info could just be emailed right away.

I hope this makes sense and someone out there can help me with this issue.

Thanks so much in advance,
Tory

mrsunshine
21 Dec 2010, 12:03 PM
you can for example store the data in the localstorage on your device while you are offline. see api doc
Ext.data.LocalStorageProxy for more details

Tory
21 Dec 2010, 12:38 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the reply but that doesn't help me much. I don't even know where to begin really. Is there a tutorial or something you can point me to?

mrsunshine
21 Dec 2010, 1:03 PM
I use a form which stores data in a localstorage store in my Mobile Chat with Sencha Touch + node.js + socket.io (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?118453-Mobile-Chat-with-Sencha-Touch-node.js-socket.io) example. you can download the source code and look for the App.Store.Config, Config Model and App.View.Config classes to see how it work.

hope thats help you

Tory
21 Dec 2010, 1:18 PM
I will have a look and let you know if I can figure it out. Thanks so much for the help. Much appreciated.