PDA

View Full Version : Anyone creating WAI-ARIA / 508 compliant components in EXT JS 3.3?

JimR
23 Dec 2010, 12:43 PM
I know 4.0 is supposed to address these issues, so this probably isn't high on anyone's list of new development to do, but I wonder how much 3.3 code is out there that people have enhanced to include ARIA roles, and perhaps in cases like tab panels, track state?

If anyone has such code, I'd be interested in seeing examples of what you consider best practice to do this. We might, due to time deadlines, end up having to extend multiple 3.3 components to support WAI-ARIA instead of waiting for 4.0. Would be happy to share what we do with anyone that can assist.

JimR
5 Jan 2011, 11:21 PM
No one has done this? Seriously??

Periyasamy A
21 Jun 2012, 8:25 PM
How to configure "ariaRole" in EXTJS 4.x for tree, menu grid etc...for complete accessibility through JAWS Reader

h.wagner@telekom.de
3 Jul 2012, 11:12 PM
How to configure "ariaRole" in EXTJS 4.x for tree, menu grid etc...for complete accessibility through JAWS Reader
This feature was not implemented in ExtJS 4.1 - it was postponed for 4.2, and very probably we won't see it before ExtJS 5.0 :(.

Periyasamy A
4 Jul 2012, 12:00 AM
Thanks for Reply.
Some of the blog says that "ARIA implemented 100% in ExtJS 4.x " Is that Right?