PDA

View Full Version : Carousel vertical scroll

SimpleAnecdote
25 Dec 2010, 5:06 AM
Hiya guys,

I am working on an app that implements the Carousel elements and some of the Carouse cards require a vertical scroll. I had no problem adding the vertical scroll to the cards. But the sensitivity of the vertical scroll means that the user now must be extra precise in swiping the screen horizontally. So scroll between cards is much harder than it should be as the framework keeps mistaking it for a slight vertical scroll.

Do you have any solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Matan Heimann.

mitchellsimoens
26 Dec 2010, 7:55 AM
In short... no.

Bunchofstring
29 Dec 2010, 9:46 PM
Hi SimpleAnecdote. I don't have a solution... yet, but my gut tells me I am getting very close. I will post my findings at the link below soon. http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?117417-Carousel-swipe-scroll-interferance-bug-%281.0-and-1.0.1%29

perry_jia
3 Apr 2011, 4:40 PM
have you solve the problem, freind?
I also met this problem.

rapid
1 May 2011, 12:04 PM
I have the exact same problem!

It seems like the "sencha-scroll-operator" (lets just call it like that) reacts on even the most tiny movement of your finger to guess the desired scroll direction. So if I touch the screen and my finger just moves 2pixels down and then 100pixels to the left its still counts as a vertical-scroll instead of horizontal.

My Idea:
I think that it would be better if the "sencha-scroll-operator" used a vector to guess the desired scroll direction. for example a vector containing 100pixels of the finger-movement and then calculating the major direction the finger is going to.

Sorry for my lame English, but I hope you got my idea. Has anyone enough sencha knowledge to implement something like this? I’m sure that this solution will work ( I’m also sure that for example native android or iOS programs work like this).

hejp
3 May 2011, 2:34 AM
you can go the following link.
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?102421-FIXED-Vertical-Scrolling-Carousel

But it reported in 29 Jun 2010 3:11 PM.
I don't know if the sencha developer had solved the problem.