PDA

View Full Version : Integrating Sencha Touch with ASP.NET MVC 2

akviby
29 Dec 2010, 1:15 PM
Hi
I am trying to integrate Sencha Touch with ASP.NET MVC 2 and first of all trying to make mobile views that should generate Sencha code to the browser. Anyone have any ideas on where to start?

MiamiCoder
29 Dec 2010, 1:49 PM
My approach to using ASP.NET MVC has been different. I build the entire client-side framework in js, and use ASP.NET to handle requests and provide data to the client. The idea of generating js code on the fly using mobile views sounds exciting, but in my opinion it tends to add unnecessary complexity.

I acknowledge that your case might benefit from the mobile views, though. Just offering a different perspective.

jamesawhite
4 Jan 2011, 1:24 PM
MiamiCoder, any chance you could post an example of what you describe above? I'm quite interested in this topic and could use some more examples. Thanks! James

profunctional
5 Jan 2011, 8:26 AM
Here is how I do it

http://mhelpdesk.com/simple-login-form-using-asp-net-mvc-and-sencha-touch/

jamesawhite
5 Jan 2011, 9:01 AM
Profunctional,

Thanks... I will work this into my project and see if it can help me learn how the pieces fit together. Part of my problem is that I am coming in to this fairly new... what would be fantastic is a zip file that contained a complete example... this would help me understand what code belongs where, and what references I need to have in place, etc.

I think I have most of it figured out... but I have not yet successfully submitted data back from the client to the server (hopefully I'll achieve this tonight!).

Any chance you have a full MS Visual Studio project you could zip and send?

Many, many thanks!

james

goldenguy
29 Feb 2012, 1:55 PM
i am facing the same problem. Can not post back. Any idea please?

profunctional
29 Feb 2012, 4:46 PM
The fastest way to get started is to use Visual Studio (I use 2010), and create a default MVC web project. It will set all your web.config settings and include all the needed dll's. From there, the default class already comes with an Account controller. Write your login method in there to start, and follow the blog post.

It is pretty straightforward.

goldenguy
1 Mar 2012, 7:47 AM
Thank you very much. It work. Any idea where can i find more tutorials where it return data from controller and populate Grid, Dropdown etc.

Thanks again for your help.