PDA

View Full Version : iOS style "More" tab

withanx
30 Dec 2010, 10:01 AM
Hi,

I have a tabbar that has more than 5 tabs. It looks fine on the iPad, but on an iPhone it needs to scroll. Scrolling a tabbar seems kind of awkward. I was wondering if anyone has created a plugin for a tabbar that will display a "More" icon similar to the iPod and iTunes apps on the iPhone. I tried searching, but the search won't even look for the word "more" because it's too common.

fake.volleyballer
30 Dec 2010, 9:27 PM
I think what you need is a "paginated" tabbar. Where the "more" button would load a different tabbar with a different set of tabs. Unfortunately I don't think there is a plug-in for it. On the bright side, it wouldn't be hard to implement yourself at all. You would just need to separate the "content view" and the "navigation view". The last button in the navigation view would load in a different tabbar. Make sure to use card layout for the content view, so you can slide between pages with ease and animate it without hassle using setActiveItem()

steve1964
31 Dec 2010, 1:37 AM
Implementation of the apple iOS settings like menu
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?115231-How-to-create-something-like-iPhone-settings-menu

withanx
31 Dec 2010, 6:58 AM
Was looking for something like this actually:

steve1964
31 Dec 2010, 7:41 AM
Just modify the ccs of the above settings menu or build you own with a simple list with modified disclouser button.

gkatz
31 Dec 2010, 11:31 AM
@withanx
it seems easy to achieve - no special implementation needed. what you need is:
main tabpanel for the bottom 5 items (music,...,more)
the more card has an 'inner' panel with card layout itself. first card can be the list (ringtones,...,downlods). item clicks would set a different card on that 'inner' panel.
good luck

withanx
31 Dec 2010, 12:05 PM
Yeah, that was the route I was going. Should work fine, but I don't want it to show that way on an iPad or larger device, so I might have to do a little more work dynamically adding it.

tmort
1 Oct 2011, 6:28 PM
Did you ever accomplish the "More" feature? I would be very interested in seeing your implementation.

Thanks!