PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to TabPanel ?

ccie11021
2 Jan 2011, 10:05 AM
I am trying to use GXT in combination with a Java Applet. I would like some method of hiding the applet temporarily to move to a configuration page containing Ext widgets. I don't seem to have the option of using Tabs because my applet resets when i switch tabs, unless I use HideMode.VISIBILITY, but in another thread, it was pointed out that this hidemode is not supported in tabpanels.

Perhaps I can just use a toolbar with buttons to hide the applet and display another Panel.

What approach do you recommend?

Thanks,

Phaedrus

ccie11021
2 Jan 2011, 11:19 AM
Safari, Chrome, IE all work fine. It just seems to be Firefox where my applet reloads when I change tabs with OFFSET HideMode - any help would be greatly appreciated

ccie11021
3 Jan 2011, 9:52 AM
I noticed that the workaround / plugin is well documented for EXT JS here:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?31461-REFLOW-IFrames-Flash-Movies-Audio

But I wonder if there is a recommended workaround for ExtGWT.

Thanks,

P

Ersmarker
25 Jan 2011, 2:57 AM
FF restarts some JAVA Applets if it's moved outside the screen, which is done in hidemode OFFSET.
To make this work properly in FF you need to implement a new type of hide mode. It could be done by resizing the component to 1x1 pixels and place it somewhere on the screen where it's not noticeable. e.g. top left.