PDA

View Full Version : Problem running compass to compile custom stylesheet

aratcliffe
2 Jan 2011, 4:58 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to create a custom theme following the steps outlined in the blog entry on the Sencha site: http://www.sencha.com/blog/2010/12/17/an-introduction-to-theming-sencha-touch/

I'm using Sencha Touch 1.0.1a and as recommended in the article I've created a directory called 'scss' under the 'resources' directory of the library. Within the 'scss' directory I've created the config.rb and application.scss files, the contents of these files are copied directly from the article.

When I run 'compass compile' within the scss directory compilation fails with the following error:

[adam@ariel2 resources]$ compass compile scss
exists scss/../css
compile scss/application.scss
WARNING: Neither sencha-touch/default/all.sass nor .scss found. Using sencha-touch/default/all.css instead.
This behavior is deprecated and will be removed in a future version.
If you really need sencha-touch/default/all.css, import it explicitly.

error scss/application.scss (Line 6: Undefined mixin 'sencha-panel'.)
Sass::SyntaxError on line 6 of /Users/adam/projects/traffic-touch/js/sencha-touch-1.0.1a/resources/scss/application.scss: Undefined mixin 'sencha-panel'.
Run with --trace to see the full backtrace

Looks like a path issue, any ideas how to resolve this?

Cheers
Adam

VinylFox
2 Jan 2011, 6:14 PM
You need to adjust the path in config.rb. The line that starts "load File.join….", for instance, I use:

load File.join(sass_path, "..", "themes")

aratcliffe
2 Jan 2011, 8:42 PM
Hi Shea,

Thanks - that works!

I'm not familiar with Ruby - does the File.join statement concatenate an array of strings with the filesystem path separator?

Cheers
Adam

VinylFox
3 Jan 2011, 9:20 AM
Yep, thats correct.

claytantor
3 Jan 2011, 9:36 AM
Once you get everything working you can watch changes with >compass watch

This lets you make changes on the fly to your theme.