PDA

View Full Version : Drag and drop in livegrid

dineshv87
3 Jan 2011, 1:45 AM
Recently I am working with gxt livegridview. In this I want to have the feature where user can reorder the records (sample link : http://www.sencha.com/examples/#reorderinggrid). After implementing drag and drop feature it is not functioning properly once we start scrolling. It is always inserting the records at top 20 indexes rather than in the current page(Because I am showing 20 records per page). How to solve this issue? Can anyone help me on this?

Gxt version : 2.2.1-2.0
Gwt version : 2.1.0

sven
3 Jan 2011, 1:12 PM
This is by design and should be expected. LiveGridView is a "live" streaming view from the serverside. It does not support any kind of client modifications.

dineshv87
3 Jan 2011, 9:35 PM
Thanks sven.

In my requirement I have to display 15000 records in the grid. At the page load itself I am bringing all the records to client side. But while displaying based on the scroll I will display the records(It renders only 20 records at any time). So we have all datas in client side. Is there anyway that we can edit and modify or reorder the records using livegridview? If we render 15000 records at once, then browser will hang for a while.
My main target is to achieve local scrollable pagination which is similar to livegrid (without paging toolbar buttons for navigation).

Is this requirement possible in gxt grid?

sven
3 Jan 2011, 11:18 PM
You can extend LiveGridVIew and add support for client modifactions. Should not be very hard to do, but we have no plans to add this at the moment.