PDA

View Full Version : Working with LiveGridView + EditorGrid

TMAPRICER
4 Jan 2011, 6:49 AM
Hi,

Is it possible to use LiveGridView with an editorGrid ? I've a grid with huge data. That's why i'm using LiveGridView, but i would like to edit my data too.

When i'm using LiveGridView + Grid => There is no problem.
When i'm using EditorGrid => There is no problem.
But when i'm using EditorGrid + LiveGridView it's seams incompatible.

So my question is : Can i use EditorGrid with LiveGridView or not ? If not, will I be able to with the next release ?

Thx a lot.

TMAPRICER

sven
4 Jan 2011, 11:27 AM
Its partly compatible, some things are fixed. The main problem will be as soon as you scroll, the changes get lost. LiveGridView is a "live" streaming view which was not designed for client modifications.

TMAPRICER
5 Jan 2011, 1:24 AM
Thank for your fast answer.

That's what i thought. Thus, there is no good solution to edit a large amount of data without pagination ?

When you said
Its partly compatible, some things are fixed.

Does it means that GXT's team are working on this and one day LiveGridView will be able to be compatible with EditorGrid ?

sven
5 Jan 2011, 12:43 PM
Not completly. Scrolling a model out will still make the changes get lost if not persisted somewhere else.

atrubka
20 Feb 2013, 8:00 PM
In my use case the reason for using LiveGridView is UI rendering performance. This means I can keep all data on the client. In this case EditorGrid with LiveGridView is working fine.

You have to have a wrapping store, which loads through loader/proxy from a local underlying data structure. You have to ensure that any insertions or deletions are done on that underlying data structure and then store is reloaded via loader.load(). If you keep ModelData instances in the underlying structure, then any edits are stored in them just like with a regular EditorGrid.

Hope that helps