PDA

View Full Version : Grid Tooltip takes 5 seconds to close

bhvijaykumar
5 Jan 2011, 5:49 PM
Hi I have Gxt 2.1.1 . The tooltip on the header takes about 5 seconds to close because the default value for the dismiss delay is 5 seconds . The Quicktip which is created in the ColumnHeader is not accessible from outside , so i cant update TooltipConfig . Is there anyway to solve this problem for the grid ?

Danek1313
10 Jan 2011, 9:21 AM
I would also be interested in a way to change the dismiss delay of a Tooltip created in this manner.

bhvijaykumar
10 Jan 2011, 1:50 PM
I finally figured out a painful way of overriding Header.onRender() in columnHeader . I used ToolTip instead of QuickTip because the objects are added while rendering and the QuickTip does not give you way to set the ToolTipConfig in the constructor . So the delay will still be 5000 when we override this .

sven
10 Jan 2011, 1:51 PM
At the moment there is no real easy why. You can use JSNI to access private members. This iwll probably help you but i have not looked at the source

bhvijaykumar
10 Jan 2011, 2:06 PM
Cant you keep the reference of the Tooltip in header and expose the API ? Creating QuickTip directly in header without reference makes it harder to override .