PDA

View Full Version : Make a Phone call ?

Shijutv
7 Jan 2011, 3:52 AM
Hi All ,
In my application i want to make a phone call to a particular number .
How can i make this ?

Any help would be appreciated
Shiju

mitchellsimoens
7 Jan 2011, 6:11 AM
Do a Google search about how to make a link that will allow it to handle phone numbers

aCa
7 Jan 2011, 6:34 AM
Just add the phone number in a link with "tel", like you would dot to send mail with "mailto".
<a href="tel:+4722222222">Call</a>

mitchellsimoens
7 Jan 2011, 6:38 AM
Just add the phone number in a link with "tel", like you would dot to send mail with "mailto".
<a href="tel:+4722222222">Call</a>

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Just sayin...

aCa
7 Jan 2011, 8:51 AM
Yeah I know, I just felt I had to try and help someone since I have gotten so much help here :-) But you are correct people should try and do a quick search first, since questions like this is very easy to find the answer for on google...

ftscreations
25 Feb 2011, 8:37 AM
Just wanted to give a quick mention after reading the later half of this thread. I did a quick Google search for dialing a number with Sencha and this thread popped up.

Thanks for the info! It beat having to scroll through 3000 words of a tutorial.

rgporter
26 Feb 2011, 10:30 PM
Wait, you want a phone to make a phone call? Madness!

:))

Farish
8 Nov 2012, 9:05 AM
I can get it work but it opens the Phone Dialer app on my Android phone with the number instead of dialing it directly. Is it possible to dial the number in the link directly?

I also tried tel:+phonenumber on the browser of my Android phone and it also opens the phone dialer app. What can I do to change this?

mitchellsimoens
8 Nov 2012, 9:23 AM
You cannot make the phone call a number directly. Think if any site could do this, would be horrible!

Farish
8 Nov 2012, 10:21 AM
thanks for your reply. that's what I thought also.