PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade issue of GWT 2.1.0 and GXT 2.2.1

sathishb
7 Jan 2011, 10:51 AM
Hi,

I recently upgrated GWT 1.6 to GWT 2.1.0 & GXT 2.0 to GXT 2.2.1. I am facing problems in the UI like the look & feel is completely lost. For example, Buttons are not visible at all & I do not see the grid coming up with columns, etc.,

Do you know which verision of GXT is compatible with which version of GWT? I appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Sathish.

sven
7 Jan 2011, 5:45 PM
GXT 2.2.1 is compatible to GWT 2.1.0.

You should try to give us some more informations. What exactly does not work, do you have running and standalone testcases for them?

sathishb
8 Jan 2011, 7:24 AM
Hi Sven,

Ok, Here are the list of problems :- we are setting the size for panels (which is lost) in the UI, the size (width/height) of combo box is lost, XTemplate is behaving differently (meaning we are aligning each check box in row and space b/w them has increased), buttons are not visible, Grid is completely not visible. I do not see these problems with GXT 1.6/1.7 with GXT 2.0 but when I use any other versions of GWT like 2.0 with GXT 2.2.1 then in the UI I see the above mentioned problems.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sathish.

sven
8 Jan 2011, 7:32 AM
XTemplate is behaving differently (meaning we are aligning each check box in row and space b/w them has increased),

I do not see how this is related to xtemplate, as xtemplate simple renders the html as you define this. There is probably something else that changed and made the space increase (style, doctype, etc)

All of this sounds of layout chain problems in your side. You will need to create standalone testcases for each of them so someone maybe can help you to correct it.