PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help with disabling or removing the automatic Orientation Change?

iphoneguy
26 Jan 2011, 7:50 PM
Hi,

I would like to disable the landscape orientation change and keep the screen in portrait. Does anyone no how this can be done? :-?

Thanks!

steve1964
27 Jan 2011, 6:23 AM
In a webapp you cant, is handled by mobile safari. If you use phonegap for building the app you can force orientation.

iphoneguy
28 Jan 2011, 9:27 AM
Thanks steve1964! I appreciate your help. Wold you also happen to know how to add a loading gif to a carousel of items before the pictures load?

Thanks!

steve1964
28 Jan 2011, 10:26 AM
You can use the class Ext.LoadMask, http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/docs/

iphoneguy
30 Jan 2011, 8:22 AM
Thanks again steve1964. I really appreciate your help. I'm still learning to use sencha so I am still really trying to understand the syntax and how to apply it to my project. Could you tell me where in the carousel I need to insert that class?? Does it go before the carousel's items? Does it automatically die after the items have loaded??

Also, in my project I have a horizontal bar of tabs at the top. I would like to be able to click on one of the cards in my carousel and have it activate another tab. Do you know if this can be done and if so could you tell me how? I'm used to using direct URL links to move from one page to the next and still am trying to discover how to use sencha style navigation.

Again thanks for your help steve1964!