PDA

View Full Version : form.Select on Android 2.2 not working.

Kcarpenter
2 Feb 2011, 1:26 PM
Using a Select object and I can't get it working on an Android 2.2 device.

var motoroem = new Ext.form.Select({
label: "Motor OEM",
options: [
{text: "LRP", value: "AE"},
{text: "REEDY", value: "RDY"},
{text: "CASTLE", value: "CSL"}
]
});

Any clue why this won't work? :-?

joseeight
2 Feb 2011, 1:40 PM
The forms on Android don't really work, check the blog and release notes, also the "bugs" forum. I had to remove using Selects on my app to get it to work, I went with lists instead.

Kcarpenter
2 Feb 2011, 1:42 PM
Thanks joseeight,
this is my first couple of hours with Sencha Touch. So far Extremely easy to use.

Any ETA on getting Android Forms working?

joseeight
2 Feb 2011, 1:45 PM
Not sure, they fixed most of the form problems last release, but the <select> native or via sencha component remained broken.

My app used to have drop downs for the user to select the location, but I had to change them to lists: http://renaissancenavigator.com/mobile/touch.html (select no when detecting location)

Kcarpenter
2 Feb 2011, 2:43 PM
Not sure, they fixed most of the form problems last release, but the <select> native or via sencha component remained broken.

My app used to have drop downs for the user to select the location, but I had to change them to lists: http://renaissancenavigator.com/mobile/touch.html (select no when detecting location)

Hey, thanks for the link and the idea. Kind of sucks to have to do that for a handful of choices, but I'll deal with it for now. That's a pretty good idea, apart from drawing your own(not sure if thats even possible).

I would really love to see this working, seems like its been broken for some time. Wonder why, I was under the impression that Android's browser is pretty strictly webkit compliant.

Salva
3 Feb 2011, 1:56 AM
Are you sure they don't work? We've got an app that is in production (being used on Android) and we have an Ext.form.Select that works perfectly (we have tested with 2.1 & 2.2 on a Samsung Galaxy S).

The only thing I see different from Kcarpenter's example is that we load the values using .setOptions (as they change dinamically).

---

That being said, for our next projects we are going to tell our customers to avoid Android. The number of things that fail/behave weirdly is too much (fields that get pushed off the screen when the keyboard appears, fields that keep being highlighted on the screen after they disappear, touchdragging a field can make the toolbars go off the screen, animations that stutter, times when the browser things it's on landscape mode but it's not, hangs that lead to killing the browser with the task manager, and everything is quite slower than in iOS, just to name a few things).

Kcarpenter
3 Feb 2011, 5:04 AM
Thanks for the tip Salva, I'll see if setOptions() helps later today and report back.
But for the record I am also using a Galaxy S device for test, a Samsung Epic 4g.
I've got access to a Galaxy Tab I should try on. I was told earlier that my drop downs are not working on iPhone 3GS either, sounds like an issue with my implementation more than anything at this point. :D

Thankfully I am not doing any drag and drop, mainly just forms and Sencha provides a good back bone to make sure that everything works well between devices.