PDA

View Full Version : Toolbar trickery

d5chris
6 Feb 2011, 2:47 PM
Hi all,
I'm a new sencha touch developer, so please be kind...
I have an app with a menubar or toolbar up the top, and the rest of the screen is a panel. Anyway, i've figured out how to animate the transitions between parts of my app in the main panel using a card layout, however the toolbar is trickier.

On page one of my app, my toolbar has one button on the left, then a wide, centred search input, then another button on the right.
On page two of my app, the toolbar has two buttons on the left, then the centred title, then two buttons on the right.
I want to be able to animate the transition of the toolbar, so that going from page 1 to page 2, the buttons fade in, and the title scrolls in from the right.
Is this possible? If so, what would be the best way to do it?

Thanks so much

d5chris
6 Feb 2011, 2:48 PM
One more thing: is this forum the best place for things like this? Or is stackoverflow a better place to be asking questions?

markwyner
15 Mar 2011, 6:48 PM
Technically you could create two panels, one for the content and another for the toolbars. Each would have a layout of "card" which would enable you to switch between children cards with animations.

You've caught on to this with your main content, and you can do the same with your toolbars. Basically create one panel and embed each toolbar as its own panel inside of it. Then when you call for the transition between the main content cards you can call card switches between your toolbars simultaneously.

I don't see any reason that wouldn't work.