PDA

View Full Version : Dallas-Fort Worth Texas Area

rhowardjr
10 Feb 2011, 8:47 AM
I was wondering if anyone would like to get together for a friendly meetup in the Dallas Fort Worth Texas area.

I know several Ext JS programmers are here in the area.

Let me know if your interested.

jfox
14 Feb 2011, 8:28 AM
I'd like to meet.

topherfangio
15 Feb 2011, 1:14 PM
Depending upon the date/time, I might be interested. I live in Abilene, so I would have to make a day trip out of it. But it would certainly be fun :)

nathand
18 Feb 2011, 7:02 AM
I might be interested. There's 6 of us here that do ExtJS. I'm in Richadson.

rhowardjr
18 Feb 2011, 7:43 AM
Thanks for the replies hopefully we can get more interest.
The company I work for has around 5-10 Ext JS developers here in Texas with more in the Chicago area.

I sent a pm to each of you with a little bit of info about me.

Thanks again,
Ron

nrevelle
21 Feb 2011, 8:22 AM
Just saw this. I would be interested in joining in. Work in Irving, live in Carrollton.

jfox
21 Feb 2011, 8:33 AM
Why don't we find a location that is mostly centrally located and have an informal meeting?
Some public libraries have meeting rooms.
We may be able to get a room at a restaurant - Spring Creek BBQ usually has a back room - I've seen them used for private parties.

The DFW javascript group meets at:
15950 Dallas Parkway
Suite 500
Dallas, TX 75248
Phone: 972.200.0028

The DFW NodeJS group meets at:
2517 Thomas St
Dallas, TX 75201

Not sure if these venues would work but maybe...

Somebody needs to take the reigns and find a meeting place. It can't be me. Too busy at the moment.

I live/work in Celina so Frisco, Plano, etc is best for me, but I'm used to having to travel for tech stuff so just about anywhere in DFW is fine with me.

LostSoul
23 Feb 2011, 5:44 AM
I am in OKC and from Dallas (Lake Highlands) I would like to be apart of this group. I am in Dallas all the time, I have not found many ExtJS people hear in OKC.

Eric24
23 Feb 2011, 3:27 PM
Count me in!
--Eric

Dougti
24 Feb 2011, 12:46 PM
DFW area - Great Opportunity - Please help me network!
We’re looking for a JavaScript Engineer(s) who appreciates beautiful, pragmatic (yet dynamic) User Experience. Python/REST experience helpful. Prefer full-time but will consider contract.
Also...
A lead visual designer with solid skills in graphic design and an excellent eye for typography, clean layout, purposeful color, refined style, animation, data visualization, and dynamic sizing. The ideal candidate for this position possesses a solid understanding of user-centered design principles, absolute comfort working with HTML and CSS, excellent visual design skills, great technical know-how, and proven expertise in designing for the web.

rhowardjr
4 Mar 2011, 10:28 AM
I am currently working on trying to get something together for April.
I'm also trying to get an informal meet n greet in March if possible.

Will let everyone know here.

:)

tim.sporcic
23 Mar 2011, 5:35 AM
If someone wants to go beyond just chatting and drinking beer, they could also do a presentation on ExtJS at ClubAJAX (http://clubajax.org/). The DOJO guys run it, but they would be more than happy to have some ExtJS presentations. I went to a couple of their first meetings and it had a pretty big crowd.

I'm also game for a beer though if someone gets something together.

-Tim

rhowardjr
31 Mar 2011, 8:25 PM
Small status update.

My company is trying to get things cleared up to help support the group in DFW.
If they aren't able to I will most likely setup things myself.

I have meet quite a few Ext JS developers around the area from the companies I've worked for.

So just need to see what goes on here shortly.
If the Dojo group would like for Ext Js presentations that is an option we could meet at.

I've have done quite a bit of customization so it will be easy for me to do a presentation if need be. =)

I will keep the updates coming.

Thanks,
Ron

pradeep.vundela
5 Aug 2011, 8:32 AM
I am interested.
I live in Plano and work in Dallas.
Any updates on this group?
Good to know there are quite a few Ext JS developers around DFW.

Thanks,
-Pradeep

ramana_l_v
11 Oct 2011, 12:44 PM
Have you guys met or any future plans ? I am interested count me in.

Thanks,
Ramana

Ron Howard
11 Oct 2011, 12:56 PM
We haven't had a meeting yet. I would like to get things started in DFW. I will be going to SenchaCon and hope to get things rolling on the meetup after that.

I also changed employers since the last I posted on this thread.
I've been swamped with Ext JS 4/3 and working on new things with Sencha Touch.

If someone wants to help getting this group started faster please do.
I have just been too busy to getting things rolling.

Sorry about that.

Ron

amolkat
27 Mar 2012, 2:43 PM
Just stumbled upon this thread and wondering, did this group ever meet?

nathand
28 Mar 2012, 6:20 AM
To the best of my knowledge, no one ever met up.

rhowardjr
28 Mar 2012, 6:46 AM
The group hasn't gotten together but there is another JavaScript group that meets in the DFW area.

Dallas.JS and there is a Java Web Technology group that meets in Plano.

Can look them up on www.meetup.com

I've been trying to get the group going but my company I work for won't support it. So unless anyone else wants to see about their company supporting it or if would like to goto the other existing groups either works for me.

I know there is a lot of companies in DFW that does Ext JS I've worked at a few of them. LOL
:D