PDA

View Full Version : Ext.ux.form.ItemSelector alternatives?

tangix
13 Feb 2011, 3:22 AM
I have been banging my head against the wall trying to get the Ext.ux.form.ItemSelector to work in 3.3.1 in a way that I am happy with.
I am now looking for alternative solutions on how to allow a user to select multiple elements from a list (about 50 items long) in a way that makes sense. We have tried to use Ext.ux.form.MultiSelect but we got too much feedback from users that thinks it is hard to know how to select multiple items and what items are selected. Furthermore, MultiSelect does not work well with touch interfaces (iPad users for example).

ItemSelector is the perfect solution but I have three things that makes it impossible to use and I wonder if there are work-arounds/better solutions;
1) How to make the right-hand list completely empty?!? Setting the store on the right MultiSelect to [ ] makes the hidden result field to use the displayField instead of valueField from the store - messing up the parsing of the selection as items contain spaces etc. The solution I found was to configure the right store as [ [ '','' ] ] and then remove the empty item server-side. Makes a small invisible row in the lists that a user can accidentally click or drag...

2) Use JSONStore for the items - I have tried this but ended up copying the data from the JSONStore to the ArrayStore. Not a big issue as number 1 but still annoying.

3) ItemSelector + TabPanel seems to be a bad idea (at least on my forms). I tried "deferredRender: false" but then the ItemSelectors don't render at all in the TabPanels... As a workaround I put them in FieldSets but that is not the optimum solution due to page lengths.

How have you solved your multiple select UI?

Sincerely,
/Mattias

sormy
19 Feb 2011, 5:15 PM
try http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?124549-3.x-Ext.ux.ItemSelectorEx

Grolubao
22 Feb 2011, 8:24 AM
You can also take a look at the SuperComboBox

[3.x] Ext.ux.form.SuperBoxSelect - Ext JS Forums (http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69307)