PDA

View Full Version : Programatic integration with Sencha Touch

emunthe
4 Mar 2011, 11:20 PM
Some questions

Will Sencha Touch Designer have some integration with Sencha Animator, to enable programatically controlled animations in Sencha Touch UI's? (For example: using swipe to give fine-grained control of a page-flip animation or changing the animation of Sencha Touch classes)
Are the current web standards mature enough for Sencha Animator to become a Flash competitor?
Are there any plans to extend Sencha Animator from css3 to WebGL? Sencha Labs PhiloGL is interesting. http://senchalabs.github.com/philogl/.

Some praise
Thank you for a wonderfully simple, yet powerful tool. It is an excellent way for me to stay current.

This goes for Sencha Touch also (even more so), and here lies the challenge.

Thank you Sencha teams
Keep on innovating!
Sincerely
A fan

mmullany
25 Mar 2011, 6:23 PM
> We're not planning to have much integration between Touch Designer and Animator in version 1 of Animator, but we're hoping someone in the community can do some interesting mashups. It's just web content afterall!
> For 2D animation, Sencha Animator can produce most of what you want to do with Flash - and the platforms that people are most interested in Animator for - iOS and RIM phones - don't have Flash - so it's not really an issue.
> WebGL is clearly something we'd like to add in Animator. Whether that's Animator 1.5, 2.0 or 3.0 remains to be seen :-)

emunthe
25 Mar 2011, 11:12 PM
Thank you for your reply.

I will have to be patient and wait for the release of both products.

I am hoping for a productivity gain from Sencha Touch Designer, and I am hoping for sencha productivity tools to help keep me current, and even cutting edge, developing RIAs.

This is a tall order : )

Sincerely
Espen Munthe