PDA

View Full Version : TreePanel stops responding

ole.spielberg
10 Mar 2011, 10:07 PM
Hi all

I have a very odd problem, i have build an application using a TreePanel for navigation, in a border layout. I am deploying this application in the Google App Engine .

This has been working fine for a while, but then i started noticing, that if I just loaded the deployed app from GAE and did nothing for a while, the TreePanel would not respond, this means, no mouse over effects, no actions when i press anything eg. no SelectionChanged which i am listening for fires. In this situation all the other GXT controls on the page still work, it is just the TreePanel which is not responding.

If i start using the app and the TreePanel right away, the TreePanel works just fine.

I have not been able to reproduce this error in hosted mode during development. I am using GWT 2.2 GXT 2.2.3 and GAE 1.4.2

Any suggestions ?

/Ole

ole.spielberg
12 Mar 2011, 3:06 PM
I just found one clue, when this error occurs i get the following statement in the log in chrome :

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'o' of null

sven
13 Mar 2011, 12:31 AM
I just found one clue, when this error occurs i get the following statement in the log in chrome :

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'o' of null

Than there will be an NullPointerException somewhere. Try to compile in pretty mode and get the complete stacktrace.

ole.spielberg
19 Mar 2011, 1:08 AM
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'nodes' of null, is all it get with pretty formating

ole.spielberg
20 Mar 2011, 5:22 AM
Could it be the same problem as this one ?

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?118358-Strange-problem-I-can-t-quite-explain&highlight=strange+problem

sven
20 Mar 2011, 5:25 AM
Probably. Try to compile against GWT 2.0.4.

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?126717-NPE-in-tree-panel-on-mouse-over

ole.spielberg
20 Mar 2011, 6:09 AM
which GXT version do i need to go back to ?

ole.spielberg
21 Mar 2011, 9:48 PM
It seems to be GXT 2.2.1, 2.2.3 which i used seems to be build for GWT 2.2