PDA

View Full Version : GXT 2.2.3 and GWT 2.2 layout panels

Snorkmaiden
21 Mar 2011, 2:02 AM
Hello all,

I'd like to update my application to use standards mode and the GWT layout panels, ie RootLayoutPanel, SplitLayoutPanel, DockLayoutPanel etc.. Currently it is in quirks mode using the deprecated panels, ie RootPanel, VerticalSplitPanel.

I've started down this route and have noticed some odd behaviour, for example, when replacing the VerticalSplitPanel with SplitLayoutPanel the splitter bar jumps around unexpectedly, you can see it redrawing as you drag it up and down, and sometimes it disappears.

The application is built using a GXT content panel, and the GWT SplitLayoutPanel is added to a GXT tab panel which has been added to the GXT content panel. I wonder if this mix of GXT and GWT may be the problem.

I'm using GXT 2.2.3 and GWT 2.2.

Does anyone know if it's doable to use GWT layout panels within GXT panels like this, or am I asking for trouble?

Many thanks,

Helen

bpossolo
28 Mar 2011, 2:36 PM
As far as I have understood, it is not recommended to add GWT widgets to GXT widgets.
However, it is OK to add GXT widgets to GWT widgets. The most obvious example of this being necessary is when you first add your main GXT component(s) to the GWT RootPanel.