PDA

View Full Version : CheckBox appearance in CheckBoxSelectionModel

jelen
25 Mar 2011, 7:53 AM
When using the column provided by CheckBoxSelectionModel in a grid, the checkboxes have different appearance from default browser checkboxes.

Observed in Safari on Mac, GXT 2.1.2, GWT 2.0.3

mw-flow
2 May 2011, 1:34 AM
Isn't the look of elements
a) being the same across different browsers while
b) thus being different from the default look on a specific browser
one of the core intentions of a framework that very successfully tries to normalize the look and behavior of a web application across all platforms and browsers?

Nevertheless, the technical background of the look of these checkboxes using ExtJS (not ExtGWT, but maybe it's the same there) is that the checkbox is rendered with the CSS class "x-grid3-row-checker". The CSS definition (in ExtJS, not Gxt) comes from ext-all.css line 5876 (ExtJS version 3.2.1), and is like follows:

.x-grid3-row-checker, .x-grid3-hd-checker {
background-image: url("../images/default/grid/row-check-sprite.gif");
}

Maybe that helps you digging deeper into your problem.
Kind regards
mw

jelen
2 May 2011, 2:36 AM
Thank you for your reaction.

What i ment was that most GXT components use a checkbox appearence provided by the browser, which is different for each one. But the one i mentioned uses an image of a checkbox, which is the same for all browsers, and therefore inconsistent with the rest of GXT checkboxes.

You're right in the technical background being nearly the same. What i am hoping for is a solution that does not require a set of css styles (or images) for each browser.

Looking back, i should have started this thred in GXT bugs, not GXT helps forum, so i'd like to ask a mod to please move the thread.

Thank you.