PDA

View Full Version : Documentation center.

Dams
21 Dec 2006, 2:41 AM
Hi.

I was wondering if it was possible to generate a documentation that looks like Jack's documentation center -with or without JSBuilder-.

Thanks,

Dams

tryanDLS
21 Dec 2006, 7:56 AM
If you mean documentation for JSBuilder, that would be no. It looks like the code was ported from something into C# and there are virtually no comments.

If the code was commented in the standard .Net/C# format, it could be used to generate nice HTML doc via something like NsDoc. However, since there's talk about migrating this to something else (Swing, maybe??), it's probably not going to happen short-term. Even if it's not migrated, I don't know that anybody is going to go thru and document the current codebase.

Dams
22 Dec 2006, 12:19 AM
Ok, thank you for replying,

JSDoc will do.

Dams

brian.moeskau
22 Dec 2006, 8:50 PM
I was wondering if it was possible to generate a documentation that looks like Jack's documentation center -with or without JSBuilder-.
I think the question was regarding generating doco with the same styles/formatting as Jack's new doc center. The answer currently is no. Jack wrote a custom PHP-based parser to output his docs that is separate from JSB and currently not public. However, we have discussed possibly rolling that into JSB in a future release. Nothing has been decided for sure yet though.

It looks like the code was ported from something into C# and there are virtually no comments.
If the code was commented in the standard .Net/C# format, it could be used to generate nice HTML doc via something like NsDoc.
Just to clarify, it was not ported -- it was originally written by Jack. But... it started out as a "quick and dirty" solution to a problem that Jack had that slowly grew into a larger project. Initially, I don't think Jack even thought about sharing the source until people started asking for it, hence no thought about internal documentation. If the tool continues to move forward and become more popular, then reworking it / porting it / documenting it will probably happen at some point.

durlabh
24 Jun 2008, 5:15 AM
Hi! Is it possible to get the doc parser? I have a few growing classes for which I would like to follow the documentation style of Ext!

Zakaroonikov
25 Jun 2008, 5:20 PM
Hi! Is it possible to get the doc parser? I have a few growing classes for which I would like to follow the documentation style of Ext!

This may help:

http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23347

RussianBitBoy
27 Aug 2008, 12:36 PM
This may help:

http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23347

Tnx.