PDA

View Full Version : Empty QuickTips

docsportal
18 Apr 2011, 1:28 PM
I've found that in the GXT 2.2.x series, I can get an empty QuickTip to show where I would not expect one by doing the following:

Create a new QuickTip(somegrid) and setShowDelay(1000) - any delay works as long as you're fast enough.
Use a custom renderer to assign a qtip="foobar" attribute to some rows but not others.
Move the mouse over a row that has the qtip attribute.
Quickly, before the showDelay runs out, move the mouse over a row that does NOT have the qtip attribute.
A QuickTip pops up anyway, but with no text in it (presumably because it's reading the qtip of the element under the cursor and there isn't one).

I think the QuickTip should double check if the element under the mouse actually has a qtip attribute when the delayed show timer fires and suppress the showing if it does not. I'm willing to apply a custom patch to fix this issue, but because the interplay of the QuickTip, ToolTip, Tip class hierarchy is a bit involved I'm not sure where to apply it. Any suggestions?

support_csd_kz
18 Apr 2011, 9:45 PM
Same problem here..

docsportal
19 Apr 2011, 11:16 AM
Here's a quick fix that's working for me. Override or make a local copy of the QuickTip class and add the following method:

@Override
public void show() {
if (targetElem != null) super.show();
}

support_csd_kz
19 Apr 2011, 7:08 PM
nice idia but I hope GXT developer can make targetElem protected.

hhiplaz
26 Oct 2011, 12:16 PM
I was able to work around this by overriding QuickTip.onTargetOver() and QuickTip.show(), but it would be helpful if this could get fixed in GXT.

hhiplaz
4 Nov 2011, 3:47 PM
I'm told this is fixed in 2.2.5, but I haven't tested it for myself.

The_Jackal
30 Jan 2012, 5:26 PM
Looks fixed in the source for 2.2.5 - Sven can you confirm and close this issue if it is fixed?