PDA

View Full Version : Empty resultSet when using belongsTo even though success = true

interfasys
24 Apr 2011, 1:24 PM
After making a request using a ScriptTagProxy (reader type: json) and relying on a belongsTo model association (modelInstance.getterMethod()), I can get the request's result in operation.response, I get a green flag with operation.success:true, but I can't get a resultSet and thus cannot get a model instance to work with.
operation.resultSet.success is also returning true.

What might I be missing?

Bucs
25 Apr 2011, 5:57 AM
Seems like it would be a reader problem that is not properly mapping the resulting JSON to the model. I would strip down the model to just one or two main root properties first, ensure that is working, then add back in the properties several at a time, then the belongs to relationship and try to close in in the error.

interfasys
14 May 2011, 9:25 AM
Hello Bucs,
I missed you reply :S. Thanks for trying to help!
In the meantime I've found out that it's an issue with the reader always wanting an array somewhere in the JSON result. That information was buried in the Reader documentation.
Ext 4 now deals with this correctly and, hopefully, this will also made available to Sencha Touch soon :).