PDA

View Full Version : Ext JS 5.0

tobiu
26 Apr 2011, 12:13 AM
good morning everyone,

i just found a funny description in the api docs:
http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.0-beta3/docs/api/Ext.data.reader.Json.html

jsonData : Mixed
DEPRECATED - will be removed in Ext JS 5.0. This is just a copy of this.rawData - use that instead

best regards
tobiu

gelleneu
26 Apr 2011, 12:45 AM
Should we discuss a little bit about our wishes for Ext 5.0 ? :-)

If we do so, my wishlist:

1.) Extended Data Package - one-to-one Associations, associated Fields in Models, so that you could get an associated data field from another model, like this:

in the "Orders" Model:
fields: ['id', 'ordername', {name: 'username', dataIndex: 'Users.name' foreignkey: 'userid'},....]

in the "Users" Model:
fields: ['id', 'name', 'email'].....

2.) More integrated TreeStore - perhaps an Adjacency Tree Store (like a normal Store, but with a "parent" Id, so that we can use ONE store for both: list and tree views of a DataObject)

3.) An IFrame Component with Properties/behaviour from the ManagedIFrame ux. It would be great,
if this IFrame Component could handle ExtJS Integration in a same-domain Iframe-Content (without loading twice) and Drag and Drop from Parent to Iframe.

alien3d
26 Apr 2011, 3:42 AM
3.) An IFrame Component with Properties/behaviour from the ManagedIFrame ux. It would be great,
if this IFrame Component could handle ExtJS Integration in a same-domain Iframe-Content (without loading twice) and Drag and Drop from Parent to Iframe.
haha.. I like it...=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>
Just to load extension for testing is time consuming.

mitchellsimoens
26 Apr 2011, 5:33 AM
I'm sure Sencha Touch will get some loving now... 5 won't come for a bit.

tobiu
26 Apr 2011, 7:36 AM
i bet $5 it is a typo :)

jay@moduscreate.com
26 Apr 2011, 11:31 AM
I doubt it. :-\ They have been planning for 5 for some time now. It's actually a smart thing.

alien3d
26 Apr 2011, 4:27 PM
Should we discuss a little bit about our wishes for Ext 5.0 ? :-)

if this IFrame Component could handle ExtJS Integration in a same-domain Iframe-Content (without loading twice) and Drag and Drop from Parent to Iframe. tes
I see the example of ext 4.............And i see the extjs all not reload.
Then i tested my application with server which not configure with the superb speed ylow.
Then i founded out ETAG removable will reloading the extjs.all.So if do iframe.It will not reload the extjs-all and extall csss.
:((

** Then i read other website,yahoo implement remove etag because of multi cdn ..To see each cdn provide the same etag or not..Dam i don't need the cdn.Just a local intranet system.
:((

atian25
27 Apr 2011, 4:41 AM
now we had mixins,Associations...

maybe extjs5 will show us js annotation etc...B)

danellison
2 May 2011, 11:44 AM
The best announcement I can think of relating to Ext-5 is "Ext-4 is now really working as advertised." Sure not there today!

Dan

atian25
2 May 2011, 5:27 PM
i wish :
* grid can be more stronger with build-in crud
* rowediting can support dynamicform
* actioncolumn learn more from rowaction, and add more feature such as splitbutton+menu...

brian.moeskau
11 May 2011, 8:54 AM
It's not a typo. I think we can all agree that Ext 5 will come someday, right? So if something is marked for future removal, that would probably be the next logical version. It doesn't imply anything about what's currently planned or in the works.

dukeyboy
13 May 2011, 2:04 PM
I'd vote for version 5 including documentation that explains the methods and properties with english words and gives examples of their use.

Nickname
16 May 2011, 11:52 PM
Found this one in the source of Ext.data.Store

//TODO: deprecate this event, it should always have been 'load' instead. 'load' is now documented, 'read' is not.
//People are definitely using this so can't deprecate safely until 2.x
me.fireEvent('read', me, records, operation.wasSuccessful());

Are we all running Extjs1.x? I'm just kidding ;)

JAD1951
1 Jan 2012, 12:30 PM
I would like that Ext JS 5.0 re-integrate XML of Ext JS 3... with attributes and no model : in my application it is awful to switch from 3.x -> 4.x version. I have to change more than 60 %. I find the XML inside Ext JS 4.x too simplistic

Best regards

yumusakg
12 Mar 2012, 5:01 AM
-some useful plugins should be as a built in feature.
-more sort of themes. i do not mean in different color, i mean more user-friendly and accessible.. larger fonts, larger row height, larger title bar.