PDA

View Full Version : Using the listpaging plugin from Touch 1.1

lasseok
26 Apr 2011, 2:38 AM
Hi guys

I was wondering if any of you could give me a piece of example code that shows how to use the listpaging plugin?

The API Doc doesn't say very about it.

Also, as a kind of bonus question; if listpaging makes me able to just keep adding new pages when scrolling down, is possible to do that the other way around. That is scrolling upwards would add pages too?
I know it sounds strange but I'm thinking iPhone calendar style (In the calendar app, choose 'List' in the segmented button in the bottom).

Thanks!

hitman01
26 Apr 2011, 6:42 AM
I would also like to know how can I use the pagination for localstorage data or data embedded within the script?

Ghostface
26 Apr 2011, 11:18 AM
@lasseok

Check the http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/examples/pullrefresh/ example

@hitman01

Afaik sencha touch does not support local pagination.
All it does is trigger another request on the proxy of the defined store with the added start/limit parameters to define the range of the pagination.

hitman01
27 Apr 2011, 5:58 AM
Yeah I figured that Sencha doesnt support local pagination but I was hoping maybe someone came up with some solution.

lasseok
29 Apr 2011, 3:56 AM
@Ghostface: Thank you. Hadn't seen that.

AleCaste
15 Jun 2011, 5:04 AM
The plugin does something that I want to avoid...
After requesting new data, it updates THE WHOLE list of items...
It should only add new ones but it refreshes every item in the list.

You can easily see this by going to:
http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/examples/pullrefresh/
And...
1. Using the Chrome console, find the first item in the list (first tweet in this example) and modify its content (you can change the name of the user to AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA for example)
2. Then go to the bottom of the list and click on the "Load More..." label.

You will see that new data is loaded and rendered alright... but the items that were already in the list are re-rendered AGAIN which is not desirable (you will see that the first tweet is not AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA any more).

Any clues on how to avoid this?

Alex