PDA

View Full Version : The MVC sample on Android?

midshipman
2 May 2011, 6:47 AM
Did anyone tried the MVC sample for iPhone on Android? I got the error on emulator:

"05-02 14:28:54.300: ERROR/Web Console(611): TypeError: Result of expression 'app.views' [undefined] is not an object. at file:///android_asset/www/app/views/Viewport.js:8"

Any idea or hint appreciated!

Hao

lukitkan
23 May 2011, 2:30 AM
Has the same issue.
Reproduced with phonegap 0.9.5 and sencha touch 1.1.0

Does anybody have working sample with sencha and phonegap?

Thank you

jmclem
23 May 2011, 4:04 AM
Hi,

it looks like app.views is not yet defined.

Just an idea: is the js file for the app (app.js?) (where the Ext.regApplication is done) loaded before the one for the viewport (viewport.js?) ?

Jean-Marie.

sudheer.polavarapu
26 May 2011, 9:52 PM
Hi,

I am also facing the same problem. I have tried executing the sample using latest phonegap 0.9.5 and android sdk (2.1, 2.3.1 and 2.3.3) without luck.

05-27 10:33:44.930: DEBUG/PhoneGapLog(376): file:///android_asset/www/app/views/Viewport.js: Line 8 : TypeError: Result of expression 'app.views' [undefined] is not an object.

Actually we are trying our options to use phonegap+sencha touch, but we struck while doing the sample on android. Is there any one who tried the sample on Android? Help is really helpful and appreciated.

~Sudheer

jmclem
27 May 2011, 12:47 AM
Hi,

if you're refering to the Contacts sample, then yes, we had it working, both on android and iphone. I can't remember if we had to change something. I'll check.

Jean-Marie.

sudheer.polavarapu
27 May 2011, 2:56 AM
Hi,

if you're refering to the Contacts sample, then yes, we had it working, both on android and iphone. I can't remember if we had to change something. I'll check.

Jean-Marie.

Yes. Contacts sample also not working for me on android.I am getting the same error. I am running with phonegap0.9.5, sencha-touch-1.1.0 and android (2.3.1 and 2.3.3). Help is replly appreciated.

~Sudheer

jmclem
27 May 2011, 5:34 AM
Hi,

pfioui... I just wanted to check... and spent a couple of hours trying to understand why it was no more working.

The problem seems to be that phonegap also uses a global "app". (some window.app = new App()). After renaming the 'app' from the Contacts sample to 'contact_app' in all files, loading was fine.

I've now got another error - some failing callback from PhoneGap - that prevents it to work properly. But at list the view initializes. A beginning...

A lesson for me: don't name your sencha app 'app' if you want to work with phonegap!

HTH,

Jean-Marie.

nausherwan644
20 Jun 2011, 6:54 AM
yes dear,
i am having the same error, but still unable to resolve it for contacts sample, how ever i would like to know that how we can code the model, view and controller for our application, as i am using eclipse and i am not able to use code intellicence or code assist to write the code, any body help me in this regard ?

thanks,

nportelli
20 Jul 2011, 10:29 AM
I'm having this issue too. Has anyone resolved it?