PDA

View Full Version : Help with models, associations, proxies, and stores

schvenk
2 May 2011, 8:55 PM
I've had one of those weeks -- thought my app was about ready to release and ultimately concluded I might be using the entire Sencha data package wrong.

Trouble is, after reading through the available docs I'm more confused than ever. I can't seem to get associations to work; I don't fully understand the role of stores (are they akin to tables in a database, or more like one-off objects to back UI elements?); I'm confused about where proxies fit in (when would I attach one to a store vs. a model?); and mostly I just need a birds-eye view that encompasses all of the pieces and defines how they fit together.

Can anyone help me? A comprehensive overview would be great (the ones on the blog aren't comprehensive enough), but the source to an app that just uses all the pieces correctly would be great too. Thanks...

birru
21 Jun 2011, 6:46 AM
+1
I am gonna be getting insane while trying to get associations to work correctly. It would be GREAT if someone could give some answers.

iamcam
21 Jun 2011, 1:32 PM
Perhaps you could get more help if you asked specific questions. Overall I have reads working fine with associations, but it's updating/saving that I can't seem to master - probably for the same reasons as you're experiencing frustration.

Yates
18 Apr 2013, 12:38 AM
It will be easy to answer your quest if you ask a specific quest and exactly where you are facing problem.