PDA

View Full Version : Ext JS 4 print friendly component markup

peteris_b
9 May 2011, 5:59 AM
Hey!

I was wondering if there is something similar to "Ext.ux.Printer" already for the 4th version of ExtJS.

I am preparing a PDF creator where the content from, currently a grid panel, component should be placed together with other dynamically generated data.
Currently the generation of the PDF with the ExtJS component is happening by writing html mark-up to wkhtmltopdf.

The grid panel is successfully printed to the PDF, but if any other content is added, it is placed below the already printed component. Which as I understand is something to do with the css styling of the component.
I have also noticed that ExtJS generates a lot of code when creating the grid panel.
In my case that code is not needed when written to a PDF and it is almost impossible to control if any changes need to be done.

Is there a way how to strip down the code of the created component?

Thanks in advance!
--
Peter

ajitmogra
7 Jul 2011, 4:14 AM
Printing Components required in ExtJS4

nathand
7 Jul 2011, 5:57 PM
We've done all of this client side since we have a nice MVC setup. We have ExtJS as the view layer with a grid, then a view layer for pdf/excel/print or whatever else we need.

Often times our grids are paginated, which necessitates a server side solution.

chinabuffet
11 Jul 2011, 12:22 PM
Any update on this?

SebTardif
5 Aug 2011, 5:27 AM
This needs for printing seem to popup in all business application I'm working with.

I guess, we can easily create a popup window with DataView that create the entire document ready for printing.