PDA

View Full Version : [Ext Core] Ext Core vs JQuery

Mycoding
9 May 2011, 8:16 AM
I prefer be loyalty to all.
But I don't like JQuery.

Many years ago I can't understand JQuery.
After about 2 years of failing I dicided to write my mini js-framework.
When I finished it I knew about ExtJS and I was very impressed of it's simplicity to understand.
ExtJS reminded me Qt.

I started to do simple CRM/ERP on it.

But also I very need to develop site not on ExtJS cause it is very huge in size.
Of cource I need for that framework.
I think of Ext Core.

Unfortunatly I am not very good at css, html, developing personal GUI an so on.
I did this simple site on it http://moc-081.ru (there are many bugs)

I want to offer comunity.
Let's do more sites, widgets, extentions on it that Ext Core become the most popular framework
for sites.

stevil
14 May 2011, 3:43 PM
I like jQuery, but it IS very different from Ext JS or Ext Core. I would say that jQuery is an excellent Javascript library, where Ext is one of the best Javacript frameworks available.

stevil

ykey
14 May 2011, 9:06 PM
I am also a fan of jQuery depending on the task. I am surprised you found it difficult, I found it to be quite easy to learn coming from prototype and mootools.

Problems arise when you want to build a thick-client JavaScript application with it. Before you know it you have added a dozen or so additional open-source libraries and jQuery plugins, none of which have a similar API.

hello2008
15 May 2011, 10:04 AM
I am also a fan of jQuery depending on the task. I am surprised you found it difficult, I found it to be quite easy to learn coming from prototype and mootools.

Problems arise when you want to build a thick-client JavaScript application with it. Before you know it you have added a dozen or so additional open-source libraries and jQuery plugins, none of which have a similar API.

yep, I agree with you.