PDA

View Full Version : JS Builder: Drag & Drop does not work

AgeKay
10 Oct 2006, 3:10 AM
in any window of JS Builder. The cursor only changes when drag a folder onto the left pane of the main form and when I drop the folder there nothing happens.
Dragging files and folders onto other lists does not work, the cursor does not even change. Is there something that I am doing wrong?

jack.slocum
10 Oct 2006, 7:10 AM
Dragging folders to the "folders" tree should work. The other lists only drag and drop with each other (not Windows).

If it doesn't work I have no clue what could be wrong.

AgeKay
10 Oct 2006, 10:58 PM
Ok, it works for all folders but the one that is specified in the output directory. So I had to change the output directory, then add the folders and then change the output directory back to the folder that dragged & dropped. When I reload the folder, the folders in the folder tree are gone again. It seems like this is by design? Why is that? I would like to have my build in a sub folder of my project like this:

project
source - my code is here
build - compressed code should go here

It crashes also on "loading build targets" when you don't specified any build target. I don't need a output file that includes everything.

Is there a way to speficy what text to append to the compressed files? I do not need/want the "-min" appendix on my compressed files since they are all in a different folder anyway.

Thanks! Very cool tool.

AgeKay
10 Oct 2006, 10:59 PM
Sorry, my post did not get the project hierarchy right, here again:

project
---source
---build

jack.slocum
11 Oct 2006, 12:59 AM
AgeKay,

Thanks for taking the time to explain your problem. If you could post a compressed list of everything that makes it crash for you, that would really help me out.

As for your output directory filtering, you can remove $output under the Build->Options->Ignore folders. One question though, why would you want you output directory to appear in the list? I use the same sub directory structure you are describing and ignoring it is a must for me.

Jack

AgeKay
11 Oct 2006, 1:52 AM
The only thing I experience that makes JS Builder crash is when I do not specify an output file in the list below "Combine compressed files to create specific output files".

I need the output directory to appear in the list so that I can select the files for the build process.
So I set "Output Directory" to <Path>\<Project>, then I check "compress the source files and copy them to the following directory" and enter $output\build. So that it ends up like this:
<Project>
---source (this is the folder that I drag to the folder list, so that I can select the files)
---build

Could you please answer my other question in my previous post regarding the "-min" appendix?

jack.slocum
11 Oct 2006, 2:58 AM
The output directory doesn't need to be in the list to specify $output\build, just so you know. Selecting files in the output as part of the input doesn't make a lot of sense since they won't exist until building.

I will fix that crash bug.

ould you please answer my other question in my previous post regarding the "-min" appendix?
I will add a new field to the options screen to specify your own suffix (or leave it blank).

I plan on devoting a little time to JSBuilder soon, when I do I will correct these issues.

Jack

AgeKay
11 Oct 2006, 3:28 AM
The output directory doesn't need to be in the list to specify $output\build, just so you know. Selecting files in the output as part of the input doesn't make a lot of sense since they won't exist until building.

How do I select the files then if I do not add the source folder (which resides in the output directory and is therefore ignored) to the folder list?

jack.slocum
11 Oct 2006, 3:49 AM
According to your structure above, "build" would be your output directory and it is a sibling of source.

Suppose you project was in c:\projects\yui-ext:

project is in dir->c:\projects\yui-ext
output dir->c:\projects\yui-ext\build
folder you want to add to folders list -> c\projects\yui-ext\source
compress and copy files to -> $output

Make sense?

AgeKay
11 Oct 2006, 4:04 AM
Ok, makes sense. But there is a problem with this. JS Builder won't let me change the path for "Compress the source files and copy them to the following directory" which defaults to $output\build, so it would end up in c:\projects\yui-ext\build\build (using your example). Whenever I enter something in that textbox, it undoes it and moves the cursor to the first character of the text box. Do you have the same problem?

jack.slocum
11 Oct 2006, 4:32 AM
Yes actually I do. That is retarded.

Please redownload and reinstall. I put up a new build fixing that terrible bug (I can't believe I missed such an obvious bug) and the other things listed above.

Please let me know if it works for you.

Thanks,
Jack

AgeKay
11 Oct 2006, 4:37 AM
Yes, works perfectly. Can't wait for the next version.
Thanks for your quick support!

jack.slocum
11 Oct 2006, 4:56 AM
No problem. Thanks for actually reporting your problems! :D