PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED-SDKTOOLS-4] Invalid characters inserted into the combined all-file



mankz
29 May 2011, 11:25 PM
I'm using the latest JSBuilder and when I combine my files into a JS all and a CSS all I get an invalid character at the end of each file in the combined file. Anyone had a similar issue? Here's my .jsb3



{
"projectName" : "Ext Scheduler 2.0",
"licenseText" : " * Ext Scheduler 2.0
* Copyright(c) 2009-2011 Bryntum AB
* info@bryntum.com
* http://www.bryntum.com/license",

"pkgs" : [
{
"name" : "Ext Scheduler",
"id" : "ext-scheduler",

"target" : "sch-all.js",

"files" : [
{ "path" : "js/Sch/util/Date.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/util/Debug.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/util/HeaderRenderers.js" },

{ "path" : "js/Sch/ClockTemplate.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/Override.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/TimeAxis.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/Tooltip.js" },

{ "path" : "js/Sch/column/Time.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/column/Resource.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/column/TimeFactory.js" },

{ "path" : "js/Sch/data/EventStoreAdaptions.js" },

{ "path" : "js/Sch/feature/AbstractTimeSpan.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/feature/DragCreator.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/feature/DragDrop.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/feature/ResizeZone.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/feature/Scheduling.js" },

{ "path" : "js/Sch/header/Container.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/header/LockedHeader.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/header/TimeHeader.js" },

{ "path" : "js/Sch/locale/sch-lang-en.js" },

{ "path" : "js/Sch/mixin/Lockable.js" },

{ "path" : "js/Sch/view/Abstract.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/view/Locking.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/view/View.js" },

{ "path" : "js/Sch/panel/Abstract.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/panel/Panel.js" },

{ "path" : "js/Sch/plugins/Lines.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/plugins/CurrentTimeline.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/plugins/DragSelector.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/plugins/EventEditor.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/plugins/Pan.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/plugins/SimpleEditor.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/plugins/SummaryColumn.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/plugins/Zones.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/plugins/TimeGap.js" },

{ "path" : "js/Sch/preset/Manager.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/preset/ViewPreset.js" },
{ "path" : "js/Sch/preset/BasicViewPresets.js" },

{ "path" : "js/Sch/selection/EventModel.js" }
]
},

{
"name" : "Ext Scheduler Styles",
"id" : "ext-scheduler-styles",
"target" : "resources/css/sch-all.css",
"files" : [
{ "path" : "resources/css/ext.ux.daterangeselector.css" },
{ "path" : "resources/css/sch.clocktemplate.css" },
{ "path" : "resources/css/sch.event.css" },
{ "path" : "resources/css/sch.feature.dragcreator.css" },
{ "path" : "resources/css/sch.feature.dragdrop.css" },
{ "path" : "resources/css/sch.feature.resizezone.css" },
{ "path" : "resources/css/sch.header.timeheader.css" },
{ "path" : "resources/css/sch.panel.panel.css" },
{ "path" : "resources/css/sch.plugins.dragselector.css" },
{ "path" : "resources/css/sch.plugins.eventeditor.css" },
{ "path" : "resources/css/sch.plugins.lines.css" },
{ "path" : "resources/css/sch.plugins.ruler.css" },
{ "path" : "resources/css/sch.plugins.zones.css" },
{ "path" : "resources/css/sch.tooltip.css" },
{ "path" : "resources/css/sch.view.grouping.css" },
{ "path" : "resources/css/sch.view.view.css" }
]
}
],


"resources" : [
{
"src" : "ext-4.0.1/",
},
{
"src" : "js/",
},
{
"src" : "examples/",
},
{
"src" : "resources/",
},
{
"src" : "changelog.txt",
},
{
"src" : "scheduler.jsb3"
}
]
}

mankz
8 Jun 2011, 9:19 PM
Bump, cough. Can anyone confirm this? Using win7 64bit on Lenovo w510

edspencer
9 Jun 2011, 3:45 PM
Hmm we haven't seen that one before. I've added it to the SDK Tools bug tracker. We're expecting to put out a 1.2 release in the next week so it may make it into that

SamuraiJack1
10 Jun 2011, 12:56 AM
Same for me on Ubuntu 10. JSBuilder3 inserts the BOM at the top of each file (looks like it just combines the files as binary streams, not real strings)

SamuraiJack1
15 Jun 2011, 10:30 PM
Any updates about this bug? It totally blocks any usage of Sencha SDK for our team..

SamuraiJack1
23 Jun 2011, 10:43 PM
Any news about the 1.2 release? Thanks

edspencer
24 Jun 2011, 12:15 AM
Any news about the 1.2 release? Thanks

We just put out a 1.2.1 release and have a blog post that will accompany it shortly - see http://www.sencha.com/products/extjs/download/ for the downloads

mankz
26 Jun 2011, 5:27 AM
So issue resolved? :)

mankz
26 Jun 2011, 11:22 AM
Issue still in 1.2.1... :(

jarrednicholls
27 Jun 2011, 3:44 AM
Thanks mankz, I'm seeing the issue as well and will have a solution before the next release.

mankz
27 Jun 2011, 3:49 AM
any idea on timeframe? This is a major blocker for my next release....

jarrednicholls
27 Jun 2011, 3:54 AM
today

jarrednicholls
27 Jun 2011, 4:19 AM
@mankz The issue has been resolved and will be in our next release coming out today. Thanks again for reporting this.

mankz
27 Jun 2011, 4:31 AM
Music to my ears!!

=D>

jarrednicholls
27 Jun 2011, 5:03 AM
We're using JSDB at the moment for JSBuilder3, and its underlying stream reader doesn't do encoding detection or conversion automatically; and by that I mean it can't do it at all, period. I fear that if your input files contain unicode characters, I doubt they will remain in tact in the target output (sch-all.js) file given the output file will not have the proper BOM. A simple "Save As..." with a specified encoding in any modern editor ought to resolve that, if you run into that issue.

I'll throw up a message on here when 1.2.2 is out, and you can let me know how you fare. Thanks.

P.S. we'll run a few unicode tests here. what might end up happening is we will force a UTF-8 BOM on the output.

mankz
27 Jun 2011, 5:10 AM
Hmm, don't think we're using any special type of characters anywhere. Just plain "Exty" code :)

mankz
27 Jun 2011, 11:50 PM
1.2.2 fixed it! Thanks :)