PDA

View Full Version : AJAX Tab not loading

anilcj
24 Dec 2006, 10:46 AM
I downloaded version .33 version of the software. When I run the example tabs.html, the ajax tabs continue to say loading...

Could you please help, the same problem exists with the feed example -where the feed keeps saying loading...

I was trying to set up tag clould tab that would be loaded on demand into the tab.

anilcj
24 Dec 2006, 11:51 AM
Once I copied the files to server's media folder, they work fine. I guess AJAX requests need to go through web server, even if its asked to fetch from the file system...

Sorry for opening an issue to begin with.

alien3d
25 Dec 2006, 3:53 AM
utilities_2.1.0.js
You don't have this file.My computer don't have internet connection.I try to used the latest browser like opera 9.1 and firefox 2.0 .After looking at the code .The above filename are not included on the downlable file.

tryanDLS
25 Dec 2006, 10:07 AM
utilities.js is part of the yui download, not yui-ext. It is the combination of the majoritity of the yui js files.

JeffHowden
26 Dec 2006, 11:36 PM
I guess AJAX requests need to go through web server, even if its asked to fetch from the file system...

Yes, AJAX requests may only be made to a webserver. Therefore, examples (or projects) using AJAX will not work locally.

moraes
27 Dec 2006, 11:14 AM
You can set up a web server on your machine and test AJAX on localhost. There are a lot of packages that installs and configures Apache with everything that you may need (I can't recommend any because I'm not updated in this area).

JeffHowden
28 Dec 2006, 12:23 PM
You can set up a web server on your machine and test AJAX on localhost. There are a lot of packages that installs and configures Apache with everything that you may need (I can't recommend any because I'm not updated in this area).

Alternatively, if you're running XP Pro, you can install IIS and run a single website as localhost and test things there as well.

jbowman
28 Dec 2006, 8:57 PM

Alternatively, if you're running XP Pro, you can install IIS and run a single website as localhost and test things there as well.

XAMPP works for XP Home (or Pro/Media) as well. It's a package that includes apache, php, and mysql for windows users