PDA

View Full Version : [SDKTOOLS-3] buggy Sencha SDK Tools

kite
6 Jun 2011, 3:56 PM
Sencha SDK Tools for Linux x64 isn't for Linux x64 - jsdb is 32-bit application.
$file jsdb
jsdb: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.8, stripped

Sencha SDK Tools includes binaries of (modified?) Qt - this isn't good. This causes segmentation fault on my Archlinux x64 and I think on many other platforms (removing directories "lib" and "imageformats", i.e. using instead system libraries, may resolve this problem). I think it's better to do in linux-way: provide sources, dependency list and build instructions instead of installer in windows-way. As example you can provide package for some distro (e.g. .deb for Ubuntu).

As for me, "sencha create jsb -a index.html -p app.jsb3 && sencha build -p app.jsb3 -d ." prints "Done building!" but generates an empty app-all.js (only with copyright notice), because paths in generated app.jsb3 contain too many "../../../../../../" - I have to fix this manualy in editor (or write my own build system).

Also Sencha SDK Tools violates license at least of jsdb. Quote from jsdb license:
"
2. Commercial software that includes JSDB, in source or binary form, must include this license
file or reference the JSDB.ORG web site in the documentation accompanying the product.
"
Sencha SDK Tools distribution doesn't contain anything of this except of jsdb executable file.

Quote from Sencha SDK Tools license:
"Copyright (c) 2011 Sencha Inc. All rights reserved."
This is incorrect, because jsdb license says:
"The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you wrote the original software."

P.S. Why does "Sencha SDK Tools" exist only in 3.x forums?

amishcon
7 Jun 2011, 6:24 AM
Responding on the licensing issues - thanks for the feedback! We'll be sure to include the JSDB license where used. As for Qt, we are commercially licensed for this use.

~ Adam

kite
7 Jun 2011, 7:19 AM
As for Qt, we are commercially licensed for this use.I don't say anything about Qt license. :)
But your commercial license doesn't help with segmentation fault. ;)
Who will purchase your products (e.g. ExtDesigner) when they crash at first run with segfault?
Include Qt libraries in distribution is very bad idea.
Please, take an example from other commercial products like Opera - it uses dynamic linking and don't include all *.so from Qt. And regarding version under Linux - they provides it in Linux-way: .deb/.rpm packages and .tar.gz for other distros. They don't jeer at linux users with windows-like installer.

luisbug
8 Jun 2011, 5:30 AM
I can't event install the sdk tools on my macbook, crashes at installer launch.
Installed it in another mac and copied the files... :S

edspencer
8 Jun 2011, 4:02 PM
I can't event install the sdk tools on my macbook, crashes at installer launch.
Installed it in another mac and copied the files... :S

Did it install on the other mac correctly? We are aware of an issue with the currently-released installer that causes it to hang for a long time (1-2 minutes) while installing, before finally continuing and completing successfully. Perhaps that's what you were experiencing? We have already corrected this issue in source control by upgrading to the latest version of the installer product we use.

amimouni
9 Jun 2011, 1:54 AM
In the sencha presentation video the guy was saying that they were doing 4000 tests to make sure that the product is working ....
I dont care about licenses or other paper stuff, all I want is a working sdk tools under linux 64...
Is any one testing what youre providing online ? I mean, you're enclosing a jsdb 32 bits into a 64 bit build! are you gonna add an extra test to makes it 4001 and just run the sencha command line to see if it's working under 64, before dropping that online ???

luisbug
9 Jun 2011, 2:04 AM
On the other mac it installed without a problem (same OS).
On mine it did not hang, just crashed. I reported it here and pasted the error http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?131375-Error-installing-SDK-Tools-on-mac. It seems it is the QT as kite referred above.

I've been looking at the code of the tools. I get the feeling that they are unnecessarily complicated. Wouldn't it be possible to build these with simpler nodejs script and less dependencies? Just sayin... i'm really not an expert at all.

Regards

kite
9 Jun 2011, 3:47 AM
amimouni, I think sencha developers knew that jsdb is 32-bit application. On official site (of jsdb) there no builds for x64, and building from sources for x64 requires some patching skills. But sdk tools doesn't contain any notes that my Linux must be multilib, there are no any list of required 32-bit libraries as well as list of 64-bit dependencies.
It seems like all 4k tests were ran only on one developer/QA machine. :)

luisbug, if in your case installer is crashing - it's maybe another problem.
nodejs can't be used there, because we need full WebKit, not only V8 (in order to have possibility to pass index.html). But why they use jsdb and can't use only phantomjs - I don't know.
Something similar is discussed there: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?136112-Can-you-run-SDK-commands-via-rhino

luisbug
9 Jun 2011, 5:18 AM
But wouldn't it be possible to just parse the files and look for "create" e "require"?

It still like feels a lot of cruft. Do you know of any community project to build simpler and lighter tools?

A chrome extension that generates a build file for whatever system you wish to use would be neet.

amimouni
9 Jun 2011, 5:22 AM
Kite:On the official site there is actually a linux 64 downloadable sdk tools, but this one has the 32 jsdb in it ... check out here (http://www.sencha.com/products/extjs/).
anyway, I have started a debian 32 cloud and still fighting with more issues, this time it's asking me for a libXrender.so.1 which means that I need to install kde on my server :( the install is in progress now ... we'll see what happens ...
setting up this stuff is not easy at ALL...

kite
9 Jun 2011, 5:33 AM
But wouldn't it be possible to just parse the files and look for "create" e "require"?
It still like feels a lot of cruft. Do you know of any community project to build simpler and lighter tools?Making own parser of javascript is more difficult thing.
You want something simpler? Install phantomjs (http://www.phantomjs.org/), YUI compressor (http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/compressor/), create small file ext-app-builder.js:
if(phantom.state.length === 0) {
phantom.state = 'dummy';
phantom.open(phantom.args[0]);
} else {
Ext.onReady(function() {
Ext.Loader.history.forEach(function(item) {
console.log(Ext.Loader.getPath(item));
});
});
phantom.exit();
}
and you can build your app with following (of course you need to change paths to yours):
#!/bin/sh
cat $(phantomjs ext-app-builder.js index.html) >all-classes.js
java -jar yuicompressor-2.4.6.jar all-classes.js >app-all.js
This is more simple solution then writing own javascript parser. ;)

amimouni, libxrender doesn't require KDE. It depends only on libx11. You don't need full KDE, but you need Qt for phantomjs.
P.S. I meant official site of jsdb (http://www.jsdb.org/).

luisbug
9 Jun 2011, 7:02 AM
Thanks a lot kite :) i think i'm going with that

amimouni
9 Jun 2011, 7:10 AM
Kite: Thanks Sir :) Just installed the QT on my debian machine the good news : the lib is there and the error is gone, the bad news, I've got another one saying "phantomjs.bin: cannot connect to X server"...

kite
9 Jun 2011, 8:08 AM
I've got another one saying "phantomjs.bin: cannot connect to X server"...You need running X server :). As alternative you can use Xvfb ($xvfb-run phantomjs ...).

edspencer
9 Jun 2011, 3:35 PM
the guy was saying that they were doing 4000 tests to make sure that the product is working ....

"the guy" was me, and I was referring specifically to the JavaScript unit test suite (e.g. unit tests for the SDK that runs in the browser). Producing native tools like the SDK Tools is a much newer area for us and we're still learning all the quirks introduced by all of the OS/installed dependency combinations.

It's made trickier by the fact that we can't reproduce many of these issues (I think because our machines have different library dependencies installed). We're currently building out our test strategy to address these better. Finally, I don't think we've done a very good making this clear but the SDK Tools are brand new and very beta. I think the ideas behind these tools are awesome, now we're just concentrating on getting our execution to be as good.

amimouni
9 Jun 2011, 11:47 PM
"the guy" was me...
lol, didn't know that you were also reading these forums :)
I was just saying that there is a difference between a rough beta and something that is not working at all, the linux 64 is not, the 32 bits needs some guidance to get it work, such as installing QT, setting up the display with xvfb (which I'm trying to do by the way...) etc ... I didn't try the sdk tools on windows because I hate windows :)
I still think that sencha is a good product, and I'm trying to get these sdk tools work in order to focus on the development side, because if I can't deploy, I don't see any reason to start developping ...
Thanks!

kite
10 Jun 2011, 12:11 AM
the 32 bits needs some guidance to get it work, such as installing QT, setting up the display with xvfbThis is quite incorrect. You need install 64-bit Qt, Xvfb, etc. not because of 32-bit jsdb. For jsdb you need only multilib kernel, lib32-glibc and lib32-gcc-libs. Qt - for phantomjs, JRE - for YUI comressor.
But in order to get this - I have to research this tool и мудиться up to reverse engineering. This isn't that I'm expecting from version 1.1. If this is beta, then, please, name it as "version 0.1 beta". ;)
In Linux world every normal software is installed as package with package manager (which can resolve all dependencies, etc.).

amimouni
10 Jun 2011, 4:20 AM
Ok guys, here's what I've done to get the sdk tools working under debian 32
I would have expected that someone has already done the job and shared that, I couldn't find that even in google !!!
Of course I wouldn't made it without Kite's help (Thanks Kite!)
forget about the sdk tools for 64 linux, it's not working.
type these commands from a fresh debian 32 install:

aptitude -y upgrade
aptitude -y update
aptitude -y install apache2
aptitude -y install mysql-server
aptitude -y install phpmyadmin
aptitude -y install sun-java6-jdk

chmod u+x SenchaSDKTools-1.1-linux-installer.bin
./SenchaSDKTools-1.1-linux-installer.bin
aptitude install libqt4-dev libqtwebkit-dev qt4-qmake
aptitude install xvfb
Xvfb :2 -screen 0 800x600x24 2> /dev/null &

export DISPLAY=localhost:2.0

#Copy the helloext sample in the following directory '/var/www/helloext/'

cd /var/www/helloext/

# And Finally

sencha create jsb -a index.html -p app.jsb3
sencha build -p app.jsb3 -d .

# et voila...:D

reading the documentation for this sencha sample here http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#/guide/getting_started
It's saying that that all-classes.js is empty ???... in my case the size is 1,625 kb...
following the index-prod.html example, they're saying that ext-debug.js has been replaced with ext.js... it's not replaced in the sample.

jarrednicholls
16 Jun 2011, 4:01 AM
Some information in response to posts above:

JSBuilder requires java to be installed in order to run the ycompressor.jar. One day we'll drop that for a pure JS solution and remove this dependency.

phantomjs/ext-theme use headless WebKit webviews, which require x server on linux because it has to process GUI event messages as if it were painting the web pages directly onto a window handle (it's not rendering things directly to memory...they aren't *that* good ;) ). In other words, do not expect these tools to run directly from a command line session, you need X running and processing event messages.

jsdb is not 64-bit compatible, and I've personally tried to modify its source and compile it for 64-bit linux, but without success. If anyone wants to try to do that and provide the 64-bit binary of jsdb, that would be awesome! But in the meantime, you definitely need to install multilib - on every major linux distribution's package manager, that should be extremely easy. Also note that we're looking to drop jsdb support altogether and switch to our own internal (and quite awesome) hammerjs platform.

The OS X installer hang-time/crash issue is resolved and ready for 1.2.

The ext-theme image slicer tool issues have been resolved for 1.2 and will produce proper image output. This was a combination of a WebKit bug with new gradient css syntax, and the fact that compress --pre is generating it.

Windows pathing and file/directory deletion issues have been resolved for 1.2.

We're going through tests on each platform and will have the 1.2 build sometime today.

kite
16 Jun 2011, 6:39 AM
That's good. But let's think how can I get full list of dependencies that I will install "on every major linux distribution's package manager, that should be extremely easy". I don't know extremely easy way to get it except "trial by error" method, researching linking table of binaries, researching javascipt&bash sources.
Why don't create .deb & .rpm packages for major linux distribution's and .tar.gz for others with install notes. And don't include binaries of Qt, which usually cause segfault. ;)

rdougan
16 Jun 2011, 3:03 PM
1.2 Is now released! http://www.sencha.com/products/extjs/

kite
17 Jun 2011, 1:05 AM
1.2 Is now released! http://www.sencha.com/products/extjs/It still uses ugly windows-like installer with static linked GUI-toolkit. :(
And after installing it prints very meaningful phrase: "Unknown error running post-install step". :)

And it still contains almost 60MB of Qt libraries in "lib" directory instead of using system libraries. Even more - these 60MB will not work without system Qt, because libraries you ship require libQtDBus.so.4, libQtXml.so.4 and many others which you didn't include in distribution. It's very bad to use one version for one part of library and different version built with different flags for another part of the same library - this will cause crash. So your program doesn't work in a bit old distros and will not work in new distros if this library (Qt) will be updated. ;)

jarrednicholls
17 Jun 2011, 11:00 AM
@kite: no, our libraries do not require libQtDBus nor libQtXml. If you ldd it, you'll see. We need to ship our own build of QtWebKit trunk and Qt, cannot rely on the (old) builds in distributions. We use advanced features in QtWebKit that are not on by default in packaged Qt libs. Our libs are loaded by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH and there shouldn't be any conflicts.

Installing the tools onto a vanilla distro results in perfect execution.

dogomatic
20 Jun 2011, 1:20 PM
@jarrednicholls

What platform is the SDK tools being primarily developed/tested on? I want to use what you're using.

Edit: I can't get this to work at all. On all but the simplest test project 'sencha create jsb' just hangs and there's never any output. I tried on Windows and on Mac.

kite
21 Jun 2011, 3:13 AM
Our libs are loaded by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH and there shouldn't be any conflicts.

Installing the tools onto a vanilla distro results in perfect execution.I have installed it on ArchLinux with last updates and got segfault. It seems (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?134358-Open-ExtDesigner-for-Linux-64bit-still-broken.&p=616257#post616257), like in Fedora 15 there are problems with Qt too.
As I can see you use WebKit in order to only load page and get Ext.Loader.history. I'm wonder what advanced features in WebKit do you need? In this case are you sure that ExtJS works properly in ordinary Chrom with standard WebKit without patches?

jarrednicholls
21 Jun 2011, 3:26 AM
The segfault must be from an over optimization in llvm, and has occurred w/ 4.7.2 build on 64-bit linux in a QString function. We do not test on ArchLinux, but I'll add it to the long list of distribution doom (I have 19 VMs installed).

The WebKit functionality is in our image slicer program, not phantomjs.

ldonofrio
21 Jun 2011, 6:19 AM
Hi Jared,

Please take note that the "sencha slice" is not completelly fixed, the button's round corners images are fine but for ex. panel's headers still broken if you use something like $panel-frame-border-radius: 10px;

Thanks

The segfault must be from an over optimization in llvm, and has occurred w/ 4.7.2 build on 64-bit linux in a QString function. We do not test on ArchLinux, but I'll add it to the long list of distribution doom (I have 19 VMs installed).

The WebKit functionality is in our image slicer program, not phantomjs.

jarrednicholls
21 Jun 2011, 6:21 AM
Hi Jared,

Please take note that the "sencha slice" is not completelly fixed, the button's round corners images are fine but for ex. panel's headers still broken if you use something like $panel-frame-border-radius: 10px;

Thanks

Yowsers, I can't even visualize what that's suppose to look like :) Can you post a screenshot of what the header should be from a supporting browser (webkit, firefox). I'll put this in the bug tracker.

ldonofrio
21 Jun 2011, 6:55 AM
Yes sure, i wrote a simple test case: (ExtJS 4.0.2a, Sencha Tool 1.2.1, Win 7 64)

SASS

$panel-frame-border-radius: 10px;

JS

Ext.onReady(function(){
Ext.widget('panel', {
title: 'test panel',
html: 'some content here',
width: 800,
height: 600,
frame: true,
renderTo: document.body
});
});

Result in FF4:

Result in IE8:

Thanks

rdougan
21 Jun 2011, 12:01 PM
Are you sure you are compiling your SCSS correctly, your images look ok, and you are clearing the cache in IE?

http://f.cl.ly/items/2K2W0v0F1U1U1o2y1e0B/Screen%20Shot%202011-06-21%20at%201.00.26%20PM.png

ldonofrio
21 Jun 2011, 12:44 PM
rdougan, i'm clearing the cache, please note that i'm on win7 and IE8, this doesn't seems to be your env.

Can be this related to a compass/sass versions?

I'm on

C:\Users\ldonofrio>compass -v
Compass 0.11.beta.7
Copyright (c) 2008-2011 Chris Eppstein
Released under the MIT License.
Compass is charityware.
Please make a tax deductable donation
s
C:\Users\ldonofrio>sass -v
Sass 3.1.0.alpha.256 (Bleeding Edge)

Thanks

ldonofrio
21 Jun 2011, 1:15 PM
I'm now on:

P:\accucardio\web\sass>compass -v
Compass 0.11.3 (Antares)
Copyright (c) 2008-2011 Chris Eppstein
Released under the MIT License.
Compass is charityware.
Please make a tax deductable donation for
s
P:\accucardio\web\sass>sass -v
Sass 3.1.3 (Brainy Betty)

Same problem

Thanks

kite
23 Jun 2011, 2:22 PM
The segfault must be from an over optimization in llvm, and has occurred w/ 4.7.2 build on 64-bit linux in a QString function.Why can't you build Qt with not so hard optimization flags?

ldonofrio
24 Jun 2011, 5:08 AM
any new on the $panel-frame-border-radius issue?

rdougan
24 Jun 2011, 10:44 AM
@ldonofrio

Did you have this problem with earlier versions of Ext JS 4.X?

ldonofrio
24 Jun 2011, 10:59 AM
Yes, since B1 (i think) and the first release of Sencha Tools.....

@ldonofrio

Did you have this problem with earlier versions of Ext JS 4.X?

wiznia
10 Aug 2011, 8:48 AM
I'm running a ubuntu server 64 bit machine and I can't run the sencha command. It really fails in the jsdb with error:

-bash: ./jsdb: No such file or directory

The file is there and I can't even run it manually. I guess it has to do with the 64 bit architecture, but it's strange because I'm using it in my dev machine (fedora 64 bits) and it's working fine.
Does anyone knows how to solve this? I read here that phantomjs can be used instead of jsdb but found no documentation on it....
Please, help.

jarrednicholls
10 Aug 2011, 9:19 AM
Hi wiznia,

On your Fedora 64 machine, you likely have the ia32 libs installed on the system. Indeed, jsdb is only 32-bit and we've done our best to port it to 64-bit, to no avail. However, we're internally investigating moving everything to node.js now that it's windows compatible.

If you can, install ia32-libs package from aptitude on your Ubuntu machine - that will solve the problem.

Stay tuned.

wiznia
11 Aug 2011, 1:56 AM
THANKS!!!!!!!!!
I wasted all yesterday afternoon trying to make it work....
Please put that in the readme or something...
Now, what about x-server??? I really need to install x-server on my production environment?

dorgan
11 Aug 2011, 6:42 AM
When running sencha create jsb -a index.html -p app.jsb3 I get the following error:

undefined:0 TypeError: 'null' is not a constructor

wiznia
11 Aug 2011, 6:49 AM
dorgan, the errors are cryptic and it's not easy to debug them...
That error probably means that you are missing a require.

edspencer
11 Aug 2011, 12:24 PM
When running sencha create jsb -a index.html -p app.jsb3 I get the following error:

Which version of the SDK Tools are you using?

dorgan
11 Aug 2011, 12:34 PM
I was able to solve my issue.... I needed to install the dependencies. Including the ia32 libs

edspencer
11 Aug 2011, 1:07 PM
Great, glad to hear :)

malic
6 Sep 2011, 10:19 PM
Hi, all,

I am having the same problem in using sencha SDK tools to create jsb filles, saying "undefined:0 TypeError: 'null' is not a constructor".

Someone clearly solve the problem installing all the dependencies. Can anyone elaborate on the solution for the the error in more detail what the dependencies are? Thanks for help.

malic
6 Sep 2011, 10:23 PM
Hi, all, <br><br>I am having the same problem in using sencha SDK tools to create jsb filles, saying "undefined:0 TypeError: 'null' is not a constructor". <br><br>Someone clearly solve the problem installing all the dependencies. Can anyone elaborate on the solution in more detail what the dependencies are? Thanks for help. <br><br>

vamsinarendera
26 Sep 2011, 9:10 PM
Hi Guys,

i am facing the similar problem in creating the .jsb3 file in linux
64 bit . My index file contains the below mentioned lines:

<script type="text/javascript" src="extjs/ext-debug.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

Ext.Loader.setConfig({

enabled: true,

paths: {

'Ext.ux': 'extjs/src/ux',

'DSHB': 'app'

}

});

Environment = {};

</script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="app.js"></script>

when i am trying to create the .jsb3 file , i am getting the error as

[ERROR] Ext is not defined, please verify that the library is loaded properly on the application's page

undefined:216 ReferenceError: Can't find variable: Ext

could any one please help me in finding the solution for this issue of creating the .jsb3 file .

hultgren
10 Oct 2011, 10:34 AM
I sometimes get "undefined:0 TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object" in situations where some .js file is not strict (extraneous comma, etc.). When this happens, the build.jsb3 file will exclude the offending class. The fastest way to determine the offending class, is to keep a copy of a working build.jsb3 and run diff in the event of error.

However, I am now getting this error and have isolated it to a controller that:

is syntactically correct
runs fine un-compressed (ie: with app.js)

The main difference of this controller is that I created a function that is called by several event handler functions and returns a value. Each of the event handlers that call this method include:

var me = this.getController('mycontroller');
var result = me.getResult(parm1, parm2);
.. manipulate result

Is this not allowed? If not, what is the right way to have a reusable method in a controller?

WingC
9 Nov 2011, 1:44 AM
Really odd.

At first there was no problem creating jsb file

This command:

sencha create jsb -a http://localhost/helloext/index.html -p app.jsb3However there was a problem running

sencha build -p app.jsb3 -d .
One of the suggestion was to install java 7. I tried that, now even the first command is not executed right.

No error message, the file is just not created. Already tried to uninstall java 7, even tried the 32 bits. Nothing works. Anyone has any idea what the problem might be?

RunningWin7 64, sencha sdk tools 1.2.3

Please help...

marc.fearby
15 Nov 2011, 4:48 PM
I'm running 64-bit Windows 7 with Sencha SDK Tools 1.2.3 and I'm getting the same thing. This is my first ever attempt at minifying Ext JS, so I guess I'm missing something, but I'm just following section 3 of the Getting Started guide (http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/guide/getting_started).

C:\MyApp>sencha create jsb -a default.html -p app.jsb3

edspencer
16 Nov 2011, 12:12 PM
I think this is coming from a missing requirement - if you load the same url that you're passing to the command in a browser instead and look at the console, do you get any warnings that it's loading files that have not been explicitly required?

marc.fearby
17 Nov 2011, 4:36 PM
I think this is coming from a missing requirement - if you load the same url that you're passing to the command in a browser instead and look at the console, do you get any warnings that it's loading files that have not been explicitly required?

Works fine in the browser, and there are no javascript warnings from Ext of any kind (for the normal Ext Designer-generated designer.html/designer.js).

hurdad
5 Dec 2011, 9:32 PM
run
apt-get install ia32-libs if you are in linux x64. jsdb wont run nativly in x64

ideamonk
16 Jan 2012, 7:53 AM
It still uses ugly windows-like installer with static linked GUI-toolkit. :(
And after installing it prints very meaningful phrase: "Unknown error running post-install step". :)

And it still contains almost 60MB of Qt libraries in "lib" directory instead of using system libraries. Even more - these 60MB will not work without system Qt, because libraries you ship require libQtDBus.so.4, libQtXml.so.4 and many others which you didn't include in distribution. It's very bad to use one version for one part of library and different version built with different flags for another part of the same library - this will cause crash. So your program doesn't work in a bit old distros and will not work in new distros if this library (Qt) will be updated. ;)

I too had the same error pop up. I added the following to my $PATH to get it working -
/Applications/SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-Developer-Preview
/Applications/SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-Developer-Preview/command
/Applications/SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-Developer-Preview/jsbuilder

ideamonk
16 Jan 2012, 8:04 AM
It still uses ugly windows-like installer with static linked GUI-toolkit. :(

I too had the same error pop up. I added the following to my $PATH to get it working -
/Applications/SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-Developer-Preview
/Applications/SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-Developer-Preview/command
/Applications/SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-Developer-Preview/jsbuilder

rhamflett
31 Jan 2012, 3:41 AM
@jarrednicholls

What platform is the SDK tools being primarily developed/tested on? I want to use what you're using.

Edit: I can't get this to work at all. On all but the simplest test project 'sencha create jsb' just hangs and there's never any output. I tried on Windows and on Mac.

I'm also seeing hangs. The call to "sencha create ..." outputs
undefined:0 TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object and then just sits there. I doesn't appear to be using any CPU time and the amount of memory it's using doesn't change. I'm on Windows 7 x64.

rhamflett
31 Jan 2012, 5:40 AM
Sorry, forgot some details in my post. The message and the hang occur when running the command against the local html file. Everything seems to be fine if I run it against the URL.

xneox
8 Mar 2012, 10:24 AM
I have installed sencha sdk 2.0 tools. for windows 7, and
the sencha create command doen't produce the *.jsb3

sencha create jsb -a http://localhost/simple/index.html -p app.jsb3

Volume in drive C is System
Volume Serial Number is 8452-F1A4

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Softwar

08-03-2012 18:02 <DIR> .
08-03-2012 18:02 <DIR> ..
08-03-2012 17:56 <DIR> app
19-10-2011 22:44 824 app.js
08-03-2012 17:56 <DIR> data
08-03-2012 17:57 395 index.html
08-03-2012 18:02 395 simple.html
3 File(s) 1.614 bytes
4 Dir(s) 37.719.515.136 bytes free

marc.fearby
8 Mar 2012, 7:08 PM
Am I the only heretic who isn't packing up all the separate Ext JS *.js files into one, minified, app.js? I've tried a few times last year and got nothing but errors.... But my apps work fine without doing this anyway (intranet-hosted environment where most people have decent networks).

It would be *really* awesome if Sencha Designer had a build in minification thingy underneath that "Deploy" button :-)

Kalel.Wade
9 Mar 2012, 8:34 AM
You can check here for a temp solution that worked for me. I'm running windows 7 64bit and this fixed it.

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?182883-Sencha-Windows-SDK-Tool-2.0-Beta-Missing-Functionality/page4 (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?182883-Sencha-Windows-SDK-Tool-2.0-Beta-Missing-Functionality/page4)

sgr
29 Dec 2012, 3:56 PM
I have the same issue when generating jsb file
opt/SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-beta3/sencha create jsb -v -a index.html -p app.jsb3. However, when accessing index.html over http
/opt/SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-beta3/sencha create jsb -v -a http://localhost/js/index.html -p app.jsb3 it works.