PDA

View Full Version : Ext.TabBar totally broken in iOS 5 ß1

wildaker
7 Jun 2011, 12:37 AM
See the User Interface->Icons page of the Kitchen Sink demo for a straightforward example.

In my real world apps, the icons sometime show and sometimes don't, with no apparent logic to their (non-)apparance...

wildaker
7 Jun 2011, 4:06 AM
It seems to be scroller/animation-related.

During a panel-switch animation (e.g. a slide from one tab to the next) the TabBar icons disappear and then reappear (set cardSwitchAnimation: false and this doesn't happen).
Scrolling a panel causes the TabBar icons to disappear. Then it gets really funky - switch to another tab and the icons reappear; switch back to the tab that you scrolled and they disappear again.
Some forms of content cause the tabs to disappear when you switch tabs to the panel containing the content in question - observed with Ext.Carousel and Ext.List, certainly

Most odd, though...

sperek
15 Jun 2011, 12:59 PM
I just catched that bug too.

I need fix ASAP. I hope they will come up with a solution very soon.

jamesgpearce
22 Jun 2011, 5:51 AM
It's under NDA of course, but we are tracking and expect to fix the iOS5 issues. CSS masking seems to be the problem for the icon and button shapes - in fact this should probably be fixed on the browser-side by GA.

bizmosis
27 Jun 2011, 4:38 AM
It's under NDA of course, but we are tracking and expect to fix the iOS5 issues. CSS masking seems to be the problem for the icon and button shapes - in fact this should probably be fixed on the browser-side by GA.

Any word on an ETA for a fix? As all current sencha touch demo's are heavily broken on iOS5 Beta 1 and Beta 2. Any team that has done native apps with sencha touch as a presentation layer needs a fix NOW. As iOS5 drops in the next couple of weeks and we have to implement a fix and issue an update to get reviewed.

Thoughts, Eta, Solution, Workaround ?

jamesgpearce
27 Jun 2011, 4:56 PM
I checked with the development team, and we are tracking all these issues. At this point it's been hard to tell which are browser bugs (which will be ironed out pre release) and which will require (possibly significant) Sencha Touch changes.

Certainly the former seems more likely given that we've rarely seen browser regression issues between previous major iOS updates. But of course we will ensure the best possible support as it approaches release.

Suffice to say we can't commit to any dates right now, especially since we don't know the launch date itself.

Thanks for your patience & reports... and watch this space.

rgporter
28 Jun 2011, 12:18 PM
If it's any consolation, iOS5 does NOT drop in a couple weeks, more like a few months. Apple's next OS X launches in a couple weeks, you might be confusing it with that.

iOS5 is expected out with iPhone5 in the fall. Unless there's been news I haven't heard about in the past week, that is.

senchauser2010
22 Jul 2011, 1:32 PM
Any update on this?

jamesgpearce
22 Jul 2011, 5:05 PM
...in which the CSS mask issue appears to have been solved, and that part of the kitchen sink is back to normal.

(It was released today, just a few hours after your request for an update :-) )

senchauser2010
25 Jul 2011, 9:03 AM
Great, thanks!

Vasanth77
28 Jul 2011, 4:01 AM
...in which the CSS mask issue appears to have been solved, and that part of the kitchen sink is back to normal.

(It was released today, just a few hours after your request for an update :-) )

I tried to download, but the version seems to be the same 1.1.0?
It was the same version that i downloaded a month ago.
How do i download the new version?

jamesgpearce
28 Jul 2011, 1:05 PM
I meant the new beta release of iOS5, not Sencha Touch! :-)

Vasanth77
29 Jul 2011, 4:16 AM
Haah .. but James, am seeing this issue in google chrome browser itself which has nothing to do with iOS versions.
When i disabled the "Card Switch Animation" property my tabbars & its items are OK.
Any clue?

Vasanth77
2 Aug 2011, 10:03 AM
I meant the new beta release of iOS5, not Sencha Touch! :-)

Doesnt anyone see this issue in the broswer itself???

Vasanth77
2 Aug 2011, 10:06 AM
Isnt there anyother workaround other than disabling card switch animation?