7 Jun 2011, 10:33 AM
Sencha Touch version tested:

only default ext-all.css

Platform tested against:

Android 3.1 on Motorola Xoom
iPad 2
BlackBerry Playbook

Description:

This bug only occurs on the Xoom. The panels in the carousel do not always render completely. See attached image (not a screen shot, but it looks like this). There is a similar behavior for the vertical carousel.

Test Case:

This can be reproduced with the carousel example in the Kitchen Sink app.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

open the carousel example on a Motorola Xoom
swipe left or right a few times, or up and down, you will see the problem

The result that was expected:

for panels to display properly and completely

The result that occurs instead:

only part of the panel is shown

Screenshot or Video:

Debugging already done:

none

Possible fix:

not provided

jaypompano
9 Jun 2011, 10:35 AM
It turns out this is a little more difficult to reproduce that I originally believed. It helps if you stress the browser, open another tab with a more resource intensive site for a bit first, or just sit there and flick the carousel left and right really fast for a while and eventually this will start happening. While it does not happen consistently in the demo app it does happen every single time in my real world application which is more involved, so this seems to be a performance issue. It has been two days and I haven't seen any activity here, would I get more help posting in the premium forums? I could submit a support ticket, but I am reluctant to use up paid support for something like this.

ChrisWTI
14 Jun 2011, 5:13 AM
Nearly a week and no movement on this. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

ChrisWTI
5 Jul 2011, 12:33 PM
*bump* Still experiencing this bug. Is anyone else out there testing on the Motarola Xoom?

germanicus
11 Jul 2011, 11:14 AM
Sorry for the delay. I confirmed this is a bug and created a ticket (TOUCH-239).

dholth
14 Jul 2011, 11:56 AM
Also a problem on the EEE Pad Transformer with Android 3.1. I posted a workaround in the community support forum forcing a redraw by doing a 1px transform 1ms after the transition ends and then another 0px transform 1ms later.

My carousel has a 100% width image background and a translucent overlay. Its scrolling animation is silky smooth on the iPad but consistently disgusting on Android 3.1. The real workaround will probably be "use fewer transitions on Android".